Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else excited at the possiblilies with UE3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody else excited at the possiblilies with UE3?

Well, we all know that the visuals will be absolutely stunning in Epic Game's next title, but I think that the real key, sort-of winning thing with the next title/engine, and always has been with Epic's Games is the power that is unleashed with the tools Unreal Engine's ship with.

I mean, I haven't been a mapper/modeller for very long, but so far, it's really been amazing what I and certainly much better mappers/modellers than myself have been able to achieve with the current generation Unreal technology!

Now, when Unreal Engine 3 appears in a useable form for the modders, we'll be able to do a boatload of things we could only dream of in Unreal Engine 2, like better than Final Fantasy: Spirits Within characters (albiet it will take us much longer), real-time lighting and shadowing for some really moody effects, and amazing pixel shader capabilites exposed to the community.

Also, the physics seem to be outstanding as well!

With Unreal Engine 3 tech, I think it's going to be the modders dream, with the power of the engine plus the amazing tools shipped with the game (no other developer ships as good tools) it's going to be absolutlely great!

So, does anyone else share my sentiments on this or am I the only one

ZINGER BURGER SPAWN RAPE

Comment

So, does anyone else share my sentiments on this or am I the only one
      Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Weenie
        Yes.

Comment

So I take it either no one cares, or you agree with me...

Comment

we agree with you, but without so many words.

Comment

What

Comment

Re: Anybody else excited at the possiblilies with UE3?

Not really.

Comment

Its going to be a cool game but its a little early to get excited since its going to be a while before it comes out.

Comment

Are you kidding? Have you seen the detail what that thing can do. Its gonna be near impossible for your average joe to make a decent map with custom meshes.

Probably take a week to make a flight of stairs.

Comment

Re: Anybody else excited at the possiblilies with UE3?

Originally posted by UT2K3Freak
                      I think it's going to be the modders dream
                      and a n00bs nightmare unless they just want to use prebuilt meshes and normal maps, witch they will.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNeoninja
                        Are you kidding? Have you seen the detail what that thing can do. Its gonna be near impossible for your average joe to make a decent map with custom meshes.

Probably take a week to make a flight of stairs.
                        The game is probably gonna support bump mapping, so actually the meshes will probably need even less poly faces to look as good.

The textures are the things that are gonna be a nightmare to make.

Comment

Originally posted by Spicy_Mustard
                          The game is probably gonna support bump mapping, so actually the meshes will probably need even less poly faces to look as good.

The textures are the things that are gonna be a nightmare to make.
                          Actually they're using normal mapping, so the high poly characters will have to be made, in addition to lower poly characters for the normal maps to work. Well, they'd hafta do that if they wanna reach the detial we've seen in the screenies so far. I haven't heard anything on bump mapping though, but I doubt it'll be in, since normal seems to be what's being chosen

Comment

im exited about the possibilities of the new engine and its tools.

the only thing i am really anticipating is that epic will make the new UED3 more easier to use and miore understandable.

thats the thing i am most anticipating about from the new engine.

Comment

Looks very promising, although the whole source-map to playable-map conversion might make the mapping community a little more difficult to be part of. ("This one's for playing, but you can't edit it; this one's for editing, but it's a thousand megs, and you'll have to compile it!")

Comment

Working...
                              X