Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CDs for UT 2004

Hey,
    Do you guys know if you need the CD's in your computer to play UT 2004 after you've installed it? When I see that the Editor's choice requires 5.5GB I have a hard time thinking that it isn't a full system install and that you need the CD's...but let me know if you need them in when you play or not because I want to be able to play LAN games and I only want to buy one copy.

Thx,
    Dev

Re: CDs for UT 2004

Originally posted by snypingmaster
    Hey,
    Do you guys know if you need the CD's in your computer to play UT 2004 after you've installed it? When I see that the Editor's choice requires 5.5GB I have a hard time thinking that it isn't a full system install and that you need the CD's...but let me know if you need them in when you play or not because I want to be able to play LAN games and I only want to buy one copy.

Thx,
    Dev
    Get one copy, d/l the latest patch. Then there is no need for a CD at all.

Comment

Installing UT from all those CDs was painful

Comment

i dont get why people said the cd's were so bad.... just turn on some tunes, get a cold drink, and put in the cd's when needed. not that painful.

Comment

You only need to install it once unless you like to reinstall UT over and over. So it doesn't really matter if you have CDs or DVDs.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaz007
            You only need to install it once unless you like to reinstall UT over and over. So it doesn't really matter if you have CDs or DVDs.
            6 CD's = 6x odds of fatal damage.

DVD is the now and the future.

Not that I'd be crying if I'd been stuck buying the CD version or anything, but I'm glad I got the DVD.

Comment

Dev
              =o!

It's my long lost clone!

Comment

If you have a DVD drive in your home pc, you would have to crazy to not get the DVD version, if you do not have a DVD drive in your home gaming rig, then shame on you!
                DVD is a lot easier to install than 6 CDs, those are old fashioned.

Comment

Originally posted by k|Tex
                  Installing UT from all those CDs was painful
                  I still don't know why it should've been painful

Comment

Hah!

If I could count how many times I've heard "well my 56k works good enough"...

Comment

Originally posted by (-_Bill F._-)
                      If you have a DVD drive in your home pc, you would have to crazy to not get the DVD version, if you do not have a DVD drive in your home gaming rig, then shame on you!
                      DVD is a lot easier to install than 6 CDs, those are old fashioned.
                      Not everyone has the money to go out and buy a DVD drive, mind you. Or a need to. So what if I got the CD version? It's still the same game.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer
                        Not everyone has the money to go out and buy a DVD drive, mind you
                        :up:

Comment

guy above me stalks me

Comment

Working...
                          X