Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Piglet
    If you're going to be clever and use a big word it's best to spell it correctly :haha:
    I was about to make a post saying how it was British English, but I checked a UK dictionary first. 'Doh. :bulb:

Mmaestro

Leave a comment:

• replied
    if i was in your situation, i would buy ECE version:downcast: :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Actually "supercede" is not so incorrect, in fact I would spell it the same way. look at the word "precede" or any other word using "cede", all have the same roots, "supersede" is the only one that ignores the middle english root and adopts the latin spelling. Look:

"Middle English superceden, to postpone, from Old French superceder"

Anyway what's so clever about knowing your own language properly?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    superceded
    If you're going to be clever and use a big word it's best to spell it correctly :haha:

On topic, if you've a fast internet connection get the regular version and download the patch and ECE.

If you've not got broadband and are going to be playing the game mostly offline against the bots get the ece version.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think the thing to remember about the mods on ECE is also that most of them have been superceded by newer versions - Clone Bandits has 1.1 with 2 new maps, Unwheel is a new version, ChaosUT, FragOps has a new version... you get the idea. The mods are great, yes, but you'll have to do a lot of downloading if you want the most up to date versions anyway.

Then again, I bought the ECE because I'm lazy and didn't want to have to figure out which mods are worth getting.

Mmaestro

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i bought ut2004 se the day it came out, but if i was buying the game now, i'd get the ece edition, save me downloading so much ****.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here's everything in the bonus pack (downloadable) and descriptions/pics/links for all of the mods included on the ECE retail package.

http://www.beyondunreal.com/content/articles/107_2.php

I guess if you don't have broadband and were interested in trying some of the mods (and you should) then the extra cash would be worth it.

One thing to note, however - many of those mods have newer versions available that you'd have to download anyhow.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by kekeke
    yeah i would find it funny to, if he didnt edit it in later.

Now it's just something he could not think of fast enough and probably googled for something funny.
    Stole it off of Bash, actually.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by [MEx]Annihilus
    OMG MASHMALLOW BUTTERFLY SUPREME!
    stay on topic ffs

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NiTrOcALyPsE
    Like a couple playing catch with a dead fetus, you caught the mistake.
    :haha: :haha: :haha:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bagel Fish
    My guinea pig ran away last night
    EPIC FIX :down:

lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bagel Fish
    OMG MASHMALLOW BUTTERFLY SUPREME!

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by kekeke
    no, the maps are made by epic.

the mods are made by the community.
    Like a couple playing catch with a dead fetus, you caught the mistake.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NiTrOcALyPsE
    ECE contains a bunch of user-made levels* that are available for download on the internet anyway. But this way you have them all together on nice discs.

*EDIT: I meant mods, not levels.
    Translation: More money for Epic.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X