No announcement yet.

UT 2004 vs. UT 2004 EC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i bought ut2004 se the day it came out, but if i was buying the game now, i'd get the ece edition, save me downloading so much ****.

Comment

I think the thing to remember about the mods on ECE is also that most of them have been superceded by newer versions - Clone Bandits has 1.1 with 2 new maps, Unwheel is a new version, ChaosUT, FragOps has a new version... you get the idea. The mods are great, yes, but you'll have to do a lot of downloading if you want the most up to date versions anyway.

Then again, I bought the ECE because I'm lazy and didn't want to have to figure out which mods are worth getting.

Mmaestro

Comment

superceded
        If you're going to be clever and use a big word it's best to spell it correctly :haha:

On topic, if you've a fast internet connection get the regular version and download the patch and ECE.

If you've not got broadband and are going to be playing the game mostly offline against the bots get the ece version.

Comment

Actually "supercede" is not so incorrect, in fact I would spell it the same way. look at the word "precede" or any other word using "cede", all have the same roots, "supersede" is the only one that ignores the middle english root and adopts the latin spelling. Look:

"Middle English superceden, to postpone, from Old French superceder"

Anyway what's so clever about knowing your own language properly?

Comment

if i was in your situation, i would buy ECE version:downcast: :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Piglet
              If you're going to be clever and use a big word it's best to spell it correctly :haha:
              I was about to make a post saying how it was British English, but I checked a UK dictionary first. 'Doh. :bulb:

Mmaestro

Comment

Working...
              X