No announcement yet.

What skill level are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another testimony that beating bots has little to do with online ability....

Comment

In UT2004 I'd consider myself Adept, because I don't play the game that often so I don't know all the maps that well.

Comment

Originally posted by gargorias
        :haha: :haha: :haha: Pardon me for NOT being born yesterday!
        Qué?

Comment

Originally posted by huh
          See? This is the sort of ****ing ******** I'm talking about.

Bots only move faster than you at very close range, where they get out the flak and run at 1.5 x the normal speed iirc. Other than that, they mosey around the map like a drunkard swaying around the place, with the occasional jump/dodge jump. Spec a godlike bot if you don't believe me.

Their accuracy is surprisingly poor, and when they use the shock rifle they tend to fire the shock core then not do anything until the core is near enough to combo, giving you time to a) get out of the way and b) shoot it whilst it's standing there like a moron aiming at the core.

When I was forced to play bots, when playing on Grendelkeep they tended to hang around the link gun on the lower level (lightning gun on Grendelkeep-RE) as they don't understand how to jump onto the area with the health vials and, as a result, they get stuck there.

Honestly, godlike bots are nowhere near as good as you think they are, Morphias. They spam rockets at you from across the entire map, and have sucky aim. Their movement is pathetic. At very close range they are very tough, so don't get too near to them.

And now that Hectic has kindly given us the proof to get you to shut your ignorant mouth, you still babble on like a 4 year old who can't admit he's wrong. Grendelkeep wasn't enough, I'm afraid Hectic! Please beat 4 godlike bots on Gael. And once you do that, I'll tell you that that wasn't enough since you didn't use the rocket launcher at least 64% of the time, you hitscan noob. And if you do beat them using the rocket launcher at least 64% of the time, I'll turn around and say that you didn't beat the bots, you exploited them.

GET A CLUE
          :sour: Actually those demos are not against standard Godlike bots and no one is ever going to tell me they are. Any EPIC guys want to tell me I,m wrong? I fuking play bots all the time and have done since UT99. How about someone giving me a link to a demo with real fuking Godlike bots hey. I have only seen dribble so far and I am tired of people like you talking childish rot and thinking they know everthing! Maybe I will have to post one so everybody can see the fukin difference!

Comment

anyone know of a program to shrink down a fraps video to a downloadable size?

Comment

Why can't you accept the fact that many, not some, people beat godlike easily?

Don't you have any friends who play well and can do that?
              I can point you to twenty people I know who can do that, and several more here.

Godlike bots S-U-C-K, espeacialy (spelling) at long range. I can just move from side to side for an hour and they will still miss me (exageration, don't take me by the word) from across a map, any weapon.

The key against them is to predict where they will be in 2 seconds from now which is rather easy once you learn their passes (e.g. in grendel they only jump the main ramp in 2 directions, so i can ALWAYS place a combo or snipe them once they use it), and also to STAY AWAY FROM THEM. If you follow these and some other basic rules and have half a decent aim+movment, you kick their S.

Comment

Originally posted by HeCTiC 6ft dp
                anyone know of a program to shrink down a fraps video to a downloadable size?
                i'll pm you my gmail so i can do it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie_s
                  Why can't you accept the fact that many, not some, people beat godlike easily?

Don't you have any friends who play well and can do that?
                  I can point you to twenty people I know who can do that, and several more here.

Godlike bots S-U-C-K, espeacialy (spelling) at long range. I can just move from side to side for an hour and they will still miss me (exageration, don't take me by the word) from across a map, any weapon.

The key against them is to predict where they will be in 2 seconds from now which is rather easy once you learn their passes (e.g. in grendel they only jump the main ramp in 2 directions, so i can ALWAYS place a combo or snipe them once they use it), and also to STAY AWAY FROM THEM. If you follow these and some other basic rules and have half a decent aim+movment, you kick their S.
                  Yep! I will just leave it at "Godlike bots suck, I can't play this game ,and 14 year olds know more then what I do!" Actually come to think of it I have been given a condom and told to go **** myself, to kill myself, that I don't know **** , don't know what I am talking about, accused of saying things I haven't, called an idiot and a noob and a fool, been called a moron and a dumb idiot, no good at the game, accused of being someone else, etc and now someone else telling me how to play. I think it is time for me to leave!

Comment

Yep! I will just leave it at "Godlike bots suck, I can't play this game ,and 14 year olds know more then what I do!" Actually come to think of it I have been given a condom and told to go **** myself, to kill myself, that I don't know **** , don't know what I am talking about, accused of saying things I haven't, called an idiot and a noob and a fool, been called a moron and a dumb idiot, no good at the game, accused of being someone else, etc and now someone else telling me how to play. I think it is time for me to leave!

Comment

Originally posted by And I Fall

Comment

. . .

take both...

btw... godlike bots suck

lol

Comment

I will only refer here to things I said.

1) Godlike bots DO suck relatively to how you picture/describe them.

2) How is the fact of me being 14 relevant here?!
                          I put my age in my signature for a purpose - to spot people like you who think being older makes them better/smarter etc..
                          Maybe you are better educated, but that does NOT mean your argument about something which has nothing to do with education like UT is more valid.

Besides, I like to think of myself as a rather smart and educated youngster who speaks English as his 3rd language and enjoys learning new stuff on the INA forums

if you want to have a civilized debate, with this 14 year old at least, please try not to get personal or insult..

3) I did NOT, at any point, tell you what to do.
                          These were merely some tips from me on beating godlike bots.

4) As for the rest of what you said, I am not the one who called you all these names. In fact, I never insulted you at all!

Those people who DID say that, are just frustrated with the fact you deny something which is obviously (to them and me at least) true.

You didn't answer my question yet,
                          why is it so hard for you to accept the fact that many people beat godlike bots?
                          Why can't you consider the possibility of being wrong?
                          And don't throw that back at me because I know godlike bots are beatable from personal experience. YOU are the one who in-spite of all the given proof keep thinking you know best.

How's THAT for a 14 year old post?!

Comment

gargorias is just trolling. I bet you could set up a whole thing right in front of him, and he would just claim that you hacked the godlike bots so that they aren't really godlike.

gargorias, I can understand that you like to argue, but I think you need to admit that you're wrong. People on these boards rip idiots who make nonsensical claims. Why are you so sure that everyone who's telling you that beating godlike bots is wrong?

You must get your rocks off on taking the side of an argument that can't be won, or something.

Comment

I'm with Sqube; when someone tries to argue against blatant proof (ie. Hec's demos), that's when you know they were dropped on their head as a child... it's impossible to have a worthwhile discussion with those kinds of people.

I don't recall anyone saying you're someone else, but apart from that, it sounds like you've pretty much accepted the truth.

Comment

Good riddance.

Comment

Working...
                                X