Best FOV for a 19" monitor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best FOV for a 19" monitor?

I usually run 100 but wondered what some of you run that have 19" screens, and why?

The size of the screen has nothing to do with what FOV you pick.

Comment

It does IMO because it changes how large or small the models are.

Comment

It does idd, I run UT on a 21", so I dont know what FOV you should use on a 19" :/

Comment

Try them all and pick one? Either way it's personal preference. That's like telling someone what mouse sensetivity to use with a certain mouse...people like different things.

Comment

Pick one that makes you win.

Comment

95 > *

but ofcourse thats just opinion not fact

Comment

Originally posted by Distortional
                Pick one that makes you win.
                then again size matters so bigger is better = more winning

Comment

Originally posted by pbze
                  then again size matters so bigger is better = more winning
                  Is that bigger fov or bigger models?

Originally posted by Aztec Sacrifice
                  I usually run 100 but wondered what some of you run that have 19" screens, and why?
                  Depends on what you use on a 17'' monitor. I use 90 on a 17'', and 100 feels exactly the same on a 19''.

Comment

keep lowering your fov until you are forced to move backwards so far that you leave the room.

Comment

I use an FOV of 90. For a short time when I first got UT2003 I played with an FOV of 100, because this is what I had been using in UT previously. In fact, I even used to play with FOV 120 in UT (for a few weeks) but eventually settled down in steps of 5 to the 100 I was using in the end. This was after I actually found the FOV command of course

I had decided that a higher FOV was better for playing instagib (I played that exclusively at the time) because I could see more in front of me so could react to more things quickly. This worked out ok for a bit, and I was a high sens mouse player then so everything was whipping around at light speed. I just got used to it. Then my need for more precise aim snapping came and I went low sens, and started dropping my FOV which seemed to balance well with my play style.

With an FOV of 100 in UT2003 though, everything was even smaller than it already was at default FOV so I couldn't keep with that, and dropped to 90. Nothing's changed since then apart from a few mouse sens tweaks every so often.

Comment

Originally posted by 0V3RC10CK3D
                        Try them all and pick one? Either way it's personal preference. That's like telling someone what mouse sensetivity to use with a certain mouse...people like different things.
                        Well - obviously. Geez, I'm not daft!

I just thought it was interesting to see what other people use on the same size screen as I have.

Comment

I sit about 12 inches away from my 60 inch screen with a FOV of 200

just kidding
                          I leave my FOV at default.

Comment

I use FOV 90 with a 19" monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by NiTrOcALyPsE
                              I use FOV 90 with a 19" monitor.
                              same for me...

Comment

Working...
                              X