• Time
  • Show
Clear All

crack a egg on your computer if it cook then your computer is to hot

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by neoflame
      The wha? :bulb:
      Get a frying pan and a little oil, place your frying pan on the computer or onthe heatsink and crack the egg open into the frying pan, wait 5 minutes and if you have a nice fried egg, you have both a hot computer/cpu/psu, and a tasty lunch.

Comment

All hail my CPU which idles at 60 degree and then hits 75 degrees when playing CoH and only 65 degrees when playing UT2004. P4 3.4ghz 1mb cache, (yes I do realise something is wrong)

Comment

Originally posted by Riffage
          All hail my CPU which idles at 60 degree and then hits 75 degrees when playing CoH and only 65 degrees when playing UT2004. P4 3.4ghz 1mb cache, (yes I do realise something is wrong)
          Nothing wrong with that. 3.4Ghz CPU would run at those kind of tempretures.

EDIT: Bad typo

Comment

Originally posted by Pyrii
            Get a frying pan and a little oil, place your frying pan on the computer or onthe heatsink and crack the egg open into the frying pan, wait 5 minutes and if you have a nice fried egg, you have both a hot computer/cpu/psu, and a tasty lunch.
            Heh...

So what if you can touch the CPU with bare skin without getting burned? :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by Pyrii
              Nothing wrong with that. 3.4Ghz CPU would run at those kind of tempretures.

EDIT: Bad typo
              Its kinda settled down since it first got installed, the first couple of hours it was running at 85 under load and 75 idle :S Was very un-nerving when its the first pc youve built.

Comment

Originally posted by Riffage
                Its kinda settled down since it first got installed, the first couple of hours it was running at 85 under load and 75 idle :S Was very un-nerving when its the first pc youve built.
                I admit, there is room for improvement, a temp of 50-60 is much more comfortable. Depends how much you're willing to spend on cooling.

Comment

Originally posted by neoflame
                  Heh...

So what if you can touch the CPU with bare skin without getting burned? :bulb:
                  Those guys are funning with you. Don't touch the cpu when it's hot. You will get burned.

As for your system crashing under cpu-intensive processes, have you taken a look at what your memory is doing when the crashes occur? You may want to stress your memory to see if you have a faulty bank. Try this: MemTest

Also, get SiSoft Sandra . The demo does have a Burn-in and memory test, as well as cpu and other system component benchmarking.

Comment

how do I figure out what my computer temp is >?

Comment

Get Motherboard Monitor, you damned spammer.

I was too lazy to do more than one Memtest run, but my RAM passed the one I did do.

(I turned down the HyperTransport speed and RAM TRAS and am now running an 150MHz-overclocked CPU in addition to CAS2.5 RAM, BTW. :weird: )

Comment

Riffage
                        man i hope your talking in farenhiet
                        if not ,well,I really cant believe that its still even working
                        you need to reapply the thermal paste id think,the less you use the better it is,its only meant to fill microscopic gaps

reaper,it tells you in your bios,or get motherboard monitor 5

Comment

Just a short followup.

I just played a quick botmatch on CTF-FP-DuellingKeeps and no GPFs or reboots in sight. Fairly good for a CPU-bound game on a formerly troublesome CPU overclocked by about 8%, I should think.

(I did have to up the vcore, but the CPU is still running pretty damned cold )

Comment

amd athlon xps have avg tmp 45-53. If you have (extra) decent cooling, you might get it down to 39-45.

Comment

None of you are saying if it's in C or F. Argh... Confusing!

Comment

Working...
                              X