X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

computer temp

what is the avrage computer temp

can some one help

MY PC temp is now 70 F. It goes up to 85 F when playing Doom 3 or some other games.

Comment

how do i chagnge the force restart

Comment

Originally posted by shadowman2525
        how do i chagnge the force restart
        I give up, what country are you from? English is obviously not your first language...

And your knowledge of computers is limited...

I want to help you, but you are more of a comical relief at this point.

No offense.

Comment

His computer automatically restarts when it overheats i'm guessing, it's a setting in your bios most likely.

Comment

i cheched nothing like that all there is a read out of the procssor and MB i dont know what else it could be and it is only at 50 C

Comment

50 is fine assuming the sensor is ok/etc. What makes you think it's overheating? If your machine is resetting, make sure you've disabled automatic reboots (Control Panel/System/Startup & Recovery Advanced/untick Automatically Restart) and note what the blue screen says, if you get one.

Comment

can it mess up my computer if i take this thing off

Comment

50C is fine? FFS, my PC goes to hell when my CPU hits 27C.

I'd leave the setting on, better to have your PC restart then a melted block of silicon on your motherboard.

Comment

No, it just means you see a blue screen instead of it rebooting. From there it's easier to see what the cause is.

Comment

Originally posted by koopa
                      No, it just means you see a blue screen instead of it rebooting. From there it's easier to see what the cause is.
                      I was talking about the BIOS setting that some motherboards have that restart the computer when certain sensors reach certain temperatures.

Comment

Originally posted by neoflame
                        50C is fine? FFS, my PC goes to hell when my CPU hits 27C.
                        You have something screwy there I think? 50C is a very comfortable temperature for most processors.

I'd leave the setting on, better to have your PC restart then a melted block of silicon on your motherboard.
                        I'm still not convinced that the high temperature warning is his problem if it's only hitting 50.

I was talking about the BIOS setting that some motherboards have that restart the computer when certain sensors reach certain temperatures.
                        Yeah, I know, I was responding to the other guy 'cos I thought I'd get my answer in first

Comment

Meh.

And the thermocouple right next to my CPU (A64 S939 3000+) and Motherboard Monitor (which is using a motherboard sensor or something) both report 26C right now, and while 27C might be a bit of an overstatement, I've never seen either reading hit 29C because it always crashes before then. (So much for my overclocking dreams )

Comment

so all i will get is the blue screen of death

Comment

Originally posted by neoflame
                              And the thermocouple right next to my CPU (A64 S939 3000+) and Motherboard Monitor (which is using a motherboard sensor or something) both report 26C right now, and while 27C might be a bit of an overstatement, I've never seen either reading hit 29C because it always crashes before then. (So much for my overclocking dreams )
                              Weird! Sure that there's a good thermal connection between CPU+heatsink?

Comment

Working...
                              X