X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

painkiller

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=436143

In responce to this the thread above... Painkiller online = no dodging, no wall jumps, no dodge jumping. I played the demo, laughed at the bunnies, came back to UT and still laughing.

Painkiller offline = fun at first, play once, no story, kill mindless monters, why am I doing this, blah blah blah... Playing on harder levels just means getting swamped by more mindless monsters. Noob bots in UT are smarter. Bleh, went back to UT to practice against god bots...

RD

Re: painkiller

Originally posted by Reddragon
    In responce to this the thread above... Painkiller online = no dodging, no wall jumps, no dodge jumping. I played the demo, laughed at the bunnies, came back to UT and still laughing.
    That's a pretty idiotic statement. Were you really expecting UT2k* movement in Painkiller?

Comment

Re: Re: painkiller

Originally posted by Powerslave666
      That's a pretty idiotic statement. Were you really expecting UT2k* movement in Painkiller?
      Well, yes. UT has deffinatly made improvements in the FPS genra. Except for realistic games, multiplayer FPSs have had the same mix since doom as far as weps, powerups, and movement. Epic emproved that by bringing in advanced movement like dodging, dodge jumping, etc... Other improvements include shield gun, combo wepons like the shock and link gun. Adrenalin may or may not be seen as an improvement, but my point is it's like nobody's looking(nobody as in game developers). Why in the world would anybody want to go backwards to a world of bunnies when dodging is so much better?

RD

Comment

That's your opinion. I personally think movement like Q3's is more advanced. Just watch any decent Q3 tricking movie.

Comment

admins

BTW, admins please don't close this...

Comment

Re: painkiller

the bunnies
            You mean strafejumpers?

Comment

This is my reply to this thread

Comment

Re: admins

BTW, admins please don't close this...
                Sorry, I fear your wrath much less than I fear PR_Flak's.

Comment

Working...
                X