Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attacking or Defending: which do you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i prefer attacking, especially trial servers... lmao. it's more fun and you don't have to keep killing relentlessly for 30 something, 20 something minutes.

Comment

Defense. Give me a well sited turret and a nearby weapons locker to get link from and I'm a happy man.

Comment

it completely depends on my mood. i'm ctf btw. thorns i defend, if i'm tired and can't be bothered too much i defend, otherwise i'm normally prowling midfield. if i see my FC or know where he is i'll cover him, if i see EFC i'll get them, if they got ours and we haven't got thiers i'll pace it to the flag no matter what at least it'll distract them even if i can't fire back. grabbing a weapon could cost us a cap. i'm very much a 'suicide is good for the team' i ain't no good in DM

Comment

i wanted to vote for tomato3

Comment

Defending with an almost out of sight Hellbender. I love picking off a manta who is sitting at a node thinking he has an easy node to take out and he suddenly explodes for no apparent reason, no avril lock or warning of any kind. This also works well for attacking since one charged shot from the rear turret will take out a newly formed node, giving your team time to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by Malvos
              This also works well for attacking since one charged shot from the rear turret will take out a newly formed node, giving your team time to get there.
              So does a shock, LG or sniper shot. Sniper is best as they're unable to get the node up *and* they will have a much harder time trying to find you.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith_C
                So does a shock, LG or sniper shot. Sniper is best as they're unable to get the node up *and* they will have a much harder time trying to find you.
                But it will take a couple shots with LG or sniper to kill him where one well-placed turret will take him out. That is a good point about staying hidden though, generally I like providing cover fire for an established node.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith_C
                  Sniper is one of the worst weapons against nodes. If a node is up for even half a second or so, you won't be able to kill it with the SR anymore. (firing any more will just slow the construction down)

Comment

Originally posted by -=¤willhaven¤=-
                    attack

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
                      Sniper is one of the worst weapons against nodes. If a node is up for even half a second or so, you won't be able to kill it with the SR anymore. (firing any more will just slow the construction down)
                      Oh agreed, but if you can see the players moving over the node and have a safe tent then you can cause a lot of frustration for even a lot of players trying to charge that node.

Comment

Working...
                      X