Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attacking or Defending: which do you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An offenive defense.

Comment

Defending a node/flag with a Goliath is a personal favorite of mine.

Comment

In ONS, attacking gets me going, especially when I actually suceed. But in reality, most of the time, I play a defensive/supportive role cause not many people in pubs tend to actually do that.

Comment

I play defense in most ONS, because the worst situation you can possible get into in ONS is when you've crossed the enemy team in the dark, so to speak, and you're each attacking each other's nodes without defending them, which leads into the node you're attacking becoming locked just seconds before it would have been destroyed. I like to defend to take some of that risk out.

Comment

The best defense is a strong offense.

Comment

Depends on the map. But in AS i like attacking on most maps, except convoy which i like to defend.

In CTF i play mostly defense.

Comment

I like to defend, but I generally try to push towards the attackers whenever possible. some objectives call more for camping though.

Comment

i like attacking alot more, but since i play pubs, and like to win occasionally, i often end up on defense. Somebody has to do it, might as well be me.

Comment

Depends on the map, and the gametype.

In ons, I do a fast first and second attack, then go into defense unless is a small map like frostbite then I'm attack all the way.

In CTF, I'll attack or defend depending on what I think is needed. Most of the time though, I attack.

DM/TDM, I'm all attack.

Comment

Defense for me.

On pubs I find if I don't do it - no one does

Comment

BANZAI!

Comment

Originally posted by MGCJerry
                          DM/TDM, I'm all attack.
                          The only defense you'll be doing in TDM is the few seconds before a major pickup spawns, and then it's generally more a matter of necessity (do or die) than choice.

Comment

Depends onthe map, whether a frontal assualt is needed to keep the other side at bay, usually maps with chokepoints are good for this, like CTF-Maul Although youcould argue that even these maps need defending. Depends on strategy and map

Comment

Originally posted by Pyrii
                              Depends onthe map, whether a frontal assualt is needed to keep the other side at bay, usually maps with chokepoints are good for this, like CTF-Maul Although youcould argue that even these maps need defending. Depends on strategy and map
                              The good thing about defense in a map like Maul is that they can dish damage to enemies before they get the flag, and can make sure none of the health-pickups go to the enemy FC by picking them up themself.

Comment

I usually like to sit at the wall and pick them off as they come up the hill. It also helps the attackers this way too.

Comment

Working...
                                X