Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attacking or Defending: which do you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attacking or Defending: which do you prefer?

I personally enjoy attacking, because I really don't like sniping people, and capping an objective is always a triumphant experience. I guess it really depends on the map: I like attacking in Glacier and Io, defending in Mothership and FallenCity.

What do you think?

I prefer to attack.

Although, I've found that defending is alot more fun if you actually try and defend, rather than be upset that you're defending.

Comment

In AS, CTF, and VCTF...

I perfer to go on the offensive. I don't like sitting back, waiting for the flag to be taken or the objective to come under attack, I love getting out there and duking it out with people. To hear that I capped a flag, or took out an objective is what pumps me to play even harder.

Defending a base is a bore to me. Sit around...wait...wait...wait for a guy to grab flag...then chase him...cap flag carrier...rinse, wash, repeat.

EDIT: Sorry, I know it was mainly about AS but I think it could apply to AS also. I would rather be on the Attacking team than the Defending.

Comment

tomatoe2 for me . . .

Comment

I prefer to defend (from a CTF perspective), it's a rewarding thing when you come to know your attackers and the map so well they have trouble getting in your base. And saving the flag after gaining ground on the EFC across half the map....denials....

But I suppose it also works the other way around, knowing the map and the defence, getting multi's on spawning defence etc

.. in fact i think i'll vote for both, they're both rewarding postions.

Comment

attack

Comment

Based on the typical inept teammates, I'm usually the only one doing either (attacking or defending). It depends on how large the other team is. :haha:

Comment

I usually prefer defending if it's AS or CTF...

There's that certain amount of pride in knowing that you're going to kill someone right when they get 2-3 feet from the flag / objective.

Either that or when you end up following someone on the other team as they're coming into your base and after you've followed them for a bit, then you flak them in the back.

Comment

In CTF: .attack.
                  It's kind of hard to practice online because most of the time nobody on your team is defending. Well, OK, they're defending the enemy flagroom.

In AS: I could not care less. I'll stick on the team I'm on even when it switches sides.

Comment

AS: Defend
                    CTF: Attack, I can run!

Comment

I love defending with the tank in VCTF, but any other time I prefer to attack. I'm not a great defender but I can cap the flag. All hail the people who cover the flag carriers!

Comment

I like both. But, I think I like defending more.

There is something really satisfying about demoralizing an opponent with a superior defense.

Comment

I prefer to attack, but if I have to defend, I defend.

Comment

I prefer to go in defense for the attackers. You know, intercepting fire with my shieldgun, covering them, linking, etc. I get more satisfacton in a support role. I usually hang out midfield in CTF, working as active defense when needed, but hooking up with an attacker as soon as I can. Just my way.

Comment

In AS: both
                              In CTF: Attack, it is made to order for my weird movement.

Comment

Working...
                              X