No announcement yet.

Stats down!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it counts for anything, at least the UT2003 stats are still up...

Comment

There are two constant threads on this forum, ones that will never get old:

1. N3WB = TEH H4X0rZ N Mi C14N S3rv3R!!!!!

and...

2. STATS!! THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH STATS! WITHOUT STATS UT JUST ISNT FUN!

Comment

Re: Stats down!?

Originally posted by AoCProphecy
        Hey everyone, started playing UT 2004 about a month ago. I got really into Online Onslaught. When I first started of course I sucked! Now have gotten pretty respectable. Have been keeping track of my stats and it's been a long hard struggle to get my kill ratio to 50% after my horrible newb beginning. I'm about 20kills away and the stats page goes down. Does this happen often? First time I noticed it. You can find me kicking *** at BFG gaming or on Cain's Lair. :sour:
        Your mothers kinky.

Comment

like my pinky

Comment

*Can't think of a funny word to go with -inky*

Comment

twinky

Comment

Wanna play wit mah Slinky

Comment

Originally posted by UnknownAliasV
                  There are two constant threads on this forum, ones that will never get old:

1. N3WB = TEH H4X0rZ N Mi C14N S3rv3R!!!!!

and...

2. STATS!! THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH STATS! WITHOUT STATS UT JUST ISNT FUN!
                  /me looks at reg. date...hmm banned lamer?

Oh and yes the stats are down...what's up?

Not that I really care but I like to see how bad I do.

Comment

I love stats, I'm a stats freak.
                    For personal use ony, see if I'm improving.

Comment

stats are not reliable, feel free to enjoy them and dont listen to the anti-stat brigade - I will never understand why they put so much time and energy into telling us why we shouldnt look at the stats.

Stats have a lot to say as long as you know what you can and cant read into them - its all about understanding the context and interpreting them in a valid fashion.

I can only think some people are concerned that the stats may be used by 1 player to 'prove' that they are better than them and for many who's life reward systems revolve around their success in the game this is too hard to take. Perhaps this is why it is so important to them to discredit the stats.

In reality of course no one uses stats in this way, its just a bit of personal fun for those who are cerebral enough to enjoy numbers.

So there you go .

Comment

The only thing I watch concerning stats is my efficiency. I play iCTF (yes that's lame, shuddup) and I'm still learning movement skills (yes I'm a n00b, shuddup) so my efficiency is a pretty good measure of how I'm improving.

Comment

Agreed. Stats can keep it interesting, or give you a goal to shoot for. Also, some people just want to know basic stats like how many games they've played, etc. May have not much to do with "who's better".

Comment

Working...
                          X