• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal technology...and graphics

This is my first and new compewter..

3 GHZ pentium 4..

512RAM..

nvidia fx5200 ultra 256mb..

is this going to be enough to power the mighty looking unreal 3 engine when it comes out ?

is my graphics card **** ? i recently played the doom 3 demo with it and i wasnt impressed

Sorry but... theres no chance in hell that rig could run Unreal 3 engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Daspadger
      Sorry but... theres no chance in hell that rig could run Unreal 3 engine.
      Thats useful. Why not try explaining.

Comment

1. A AMD is better than P4 in gaming

2. More ram!

3. Better grapics card is needed.

Comment

like the other dude sayd ..no offence but if ya cant run doom 3 normaly how in de world are you gona run AN UT3 engine based game

to run a u engine 3 game u wil have to have atleast a gf6*** or ati 8**

Comment

What he means is, since the Unreal Engine 3 is being designed around computers specs for 2006 or so, by the time it is released your system will be far outdated.

512MB of RAM hardly cuts it nowadays, so I think in the next year or 2 an upgrade will be necessary.

That Video card is near bottom of the line by todays standards. Something is definately going to be needed.

Comment

The ue3 engine completly rapes the Radeon 9800 series and geforce FX, then only card that can run it at a playable framerate is the geforce 6800

Comment

Re: Unreal technology...and graphics

Originally posted by voight_kompff
                is my graphics card **** ?
                yes, yes indeed its by far the worst componant in your PC aslong as your ram is fast that is

as for running UE3 not a chancem you need a better gfx card, a top end AMD and more ram and even then it will probably struggle, dont forget we wont be seeing any UE3 for like what almost 2 years? so dont worry too much about it

Comment

Re: Unreal technology...and graphics

Originally posted by voight_kompff
                  i recently played the doom 3 demo with it and i wasnt impressed
                  Nor me - but ut2004 looks superb - makes me wander if its ut software thats stronger than whovever wrote doom3.

Comment

The new Unreal engine will be give me a great reason to upgrade when the time comes (even thought my comp is pretty fast now). There is no way to build a computer to handle a game that is coming out in 2 years (IMO). Who knows what technology we will be using when the time comes. Hopefully Pentium will have a 64 bit processor for gaming.

Comment

you 5200 is not really a gaming card. you should have spent the money toward a 59xx or a 6600 or if the budget allowed a 6800. imo. just because it has 256mb doen't make it better than a 128.

up to a full gig for games that are out now will help.

i can't see it performing good for unreal engine 3 in a couple years from now.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess_Frosty
                        All the unreal engines are scaleable, you can run UT2004 with a geforce 4 mx or a **** voodoo if you want, it doesn't mean its going to look good, but you can certainly make it playable.
                        Don't diss the GF4MX, I have a GF 440 go and UT2004 looks quite nice on it with the highest in-game graphics settings.
                        (The cards are very similar)

Comment

Originally posted by Daspadger
                          1. A AMD is better than P4 in gaming

2. More ram!

3. Better grapics card is needed.
                          1. False.
                          2. True.
                          3. True.

I have a 2500 Barton....but I've gotta side with the Pentium crowd for power.

Except the latest. I'm sorry, you misguided pentium ********, but 64's and dually Opteron's pwn overclocked P4's

Comment

Unreal Engine 3 barely runs on $10,000 nVidia prototype video cards.

Comment

Guess i should have bought a 64 bit athalon with 1 GB of ram......grrrrrr

How about a Radeon 9800PRO are they still good to go ?

Comment

Working...
                              X