[OT] Speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OT] Speakers

Ive been looking at new speakers, but i would like something with ALOT of power, and can find any specificly computer speakers with over 500 watts. So i started looking at hometheater systems. I just wanted to know if it is easy to hook up a hometeater system to my computer, and get the full 5.1 experiance. If you can point out any speaker systems that i would have trouble blowing, i need some advice, i go through speakers like a hot knife through butter. Currently i have the Logitec Z5300e system, and i think i blew the RR speaker. I also thought about getting just replacment speakes for the satalite speakers cause there only RCA plugs that go into the subwoffer.
    If you can help or just want to give your opinion, go for it. :up:

I'll sell you my Klipsch ProMedia 4.1 system...400 watts, THX certified. If you need more power than that, there's something seriously wrong with you.

Comment

Originally posted by senshu
      If you need more power than that, there's something seriously wrong with you.
      +1

I don't think home theater systems and PC sound systems are very compatible. It would probably be doable, but not easily.

(TBH, I'm satisfied with my 70W RMS...)

Comment

Creative GigaWorks™ S750 - 700 watts
        http://www.creative.com/speakers/series/gigaworks/

Comment

500w RMS or PMPO?
          Most cheapo systems give you a PMPO value which basically.. tells you ****. RMS values are more interesting. 500w RMS is basically insane (500w per speaker I mean). I've got a 5x100w + 150w sub soundsystem at home for my DVD's. I can shake up the whole room with that even when it's not at full power. I haven't even dared to max it out because I don't want to upset the neighbors 3 doors down.

If you got a digital out on your soundcard it should be no problem hooking it up to a HES.

Comment

Originally posted by Acid Burn
            If you got a digital out on your soundcard it should be no problem hooking it up to a HES.
            Oh yeah, forgot about that.

Comment

http://us.creative.com/products/prod...3&product=9306

7.1 thx certified pc speakers, w/ 700watts

Enjoy!

Oh and btw, its 500$, yes, one five and two zeros.

Comment

logitech z-5500

500 watts, thx certified, and a ****LOAD less ugly than klipsch

Comment

had logitech Z-680's.........rocked

have logitech Z-5500's............rock even more.

I couldnt ask for more than that but if pure power that makes you deaf is your cup of tea then maybe go for the klipsh 700watt system mentioned earlier.

Comment

Yea you can hook up your machine to a home theatre. If you have a multi-channel sound card (but no digital), you can find the connections and use the "6 channel discrete" input on your amp. Else, use the optical.

Anyway, I have an inexpensive Altec Lansing speaker setup, and its great sound for a great price.

Comment

Ok, i looked i have a single Digital out put and an optical out put, do i just need to find an entertainment system that has a digital or optical output?? And it will send to all the speakers, well you know give the whole 5.1 "experiance"??

Comment

yeah.... the z680 is awesome... i got it... and it is awesome.... now i can confidently say that it is the best... i was blown away the first time i heard sound coming out of the system... and now i can't even play with head phones on... the positional audio is just phenomenal..

Comment

I'm happy with my 2.1 speakers.

Comment

You'll need to spend 1000$ or euro's on a home cinema setup if you want to equal the sound quality and power of the logitech z5500, klipsch topmodel and gigaworks s770. I would just get one of those if i were you.

They all got over 500 watts of RMS.

Comment

Originally posted by Phear
                              Ok, i looked i have a single Digital out put and an optical out put, do i just need to find an entertainment system that has a digital or optical output?? And it will send to all the speakers, well you know give the whole 5.1 "experiance"??
                              Yep, if you connect using the SPDIF (or whatever it's called) out to your home system, you will get the full digital surround. That's what I'm doing. I use the single digital out going over to my Yamaha Digital Receiver. From there, I have a 5.1 speaker setup that blows away any computer speaker setup. I have my subwoofer on the lowest setting because I have had neighbors asking me to turn it down due to pictures falling of the walls and knick-knacks dancing around on their shelves. I'm thinking it does pretty good considering I only have a few grand invested.

Comment

Working...
                              X