No announcement yet.

What am I doing wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helpful thoughts here.. thank you again.

Comment

Originally posted by senshu
      I have no idea what your skill level is, but I had a friend with fairly average skill that asked me this same thing. I suggested he focus more on staying alive than getting a kill at all costs, and it helped him a bit. He always had more deaths than kills, not a good way to win a match.
      This is right for TDM. If you want to win a DM, at all cost, rush to the max. I fight even if I have 25 or less life. Get only life when you know you will pick big powerups or use booster soon. Best DM weapon are flak, rocket, shock rifle. A tactic that I don't liek but that make win some people is to be higher than a good weapon(like flak) and to kill with rocket or flak people passing by.. It's lame, skiless but can make you win since no1 will bother killing you unless a good player pass near you and lg you to death.

Comment

the idea is to kill fast and not die right? so the faster you kill.. the less likely that person will damage you. also take what has been said to heart... grab health and DD.

quick kills often utilize wep switching and/or high rate of fire. I'll outline some combos:

obviously depends on situation, how far you are from target, cramped hallways etc, but the quickest kills (assuming opponent has 100 life) are

-(far away) LG shock / LG mini --> 2 second kill w/ LG shock primary, even quicker with a headshot :-p

-(medium) Combo all the way --> especially if you get your kung fu going and can pull off the all too fun jump/dodging combos

-(medium) LG rox/ LG link/ LG mini / LG shock/ LG flak/ full goo --> many people are just as accurate with the LG close up as far away.. i often charge up a full goo and then change weps...so once you fire you have another wep ready.. can bait people into moving into a shock combo for example

-(medium) triple rox / rox rox/ flak flak --> can't beat the classic

-(close) LG flak/ LG mini/LG kung fu rox (if you can jump far enough away w/out taking splash damage) / flak primary/ nades shield

as you can see the hitscans are predominantly what gets you the quickest kills in almost any situation... if you can hit anything with them.

Comment

Just a thought: If you focus on staying alive, the kills will come on their own as an indirect consequence of you being alive longer to defend yourself, and doing so with better inventory/heatlh/armour.

Comment

Originally posted by MarZer
            Just a thought: If you focus on staying alive, the kills will come on their own as an indirect consequence of you being alive longer to defend yourself, and doing so with better inventory/heatlh/armour.
            although i agree with you.. .in a FFA DM match the object is to get the most frags. although if you don't die, then you generally have more weapons to choose from thus being more effective in firefights.. .so there is a balance there.

now if you're like me, and use DM matches as just another way to hone your TDM skills, then you would gauge how much of a success you are by your efficiency (because that is how TDM matches are won.. by overall team efficiency), then you should worry more about staying alive rather than winning the map. sounds like the original poster just wants to be on top so IMO he should work on killing the fastest which means definitely timing the DD and working on ways to get the quickest kills (while as a secondary goal not die so that you remain stacked w/weapons).

how much emphasis you should put on not getting killed vs going for the kill depends on how good you are at one or the other. if your movement sucks, then you probably get killed a lot. where as if you have great movement but can't hit **** with the hitscans (ie get quick kills) then just by not killing the other person quick enough he's bound to hit you a few times making you more vulnerable. There is a balance here for each individual - this sweet spot is your maximum skill level and changes based off your objectives.

all comes down to what your objectives are personally....

Comment

Working...
            X