POLL: RANKIN map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POLL: RANKIN map

OK, who's sick of the RANKIN map?? I damned sure am - it's just over-pLAYED in TDM and DM.

Hey - let's play something ELSE for a change HUH???

uke:

I love it, the best retail map in UT2004... it's kind of like how Antalus was in UT2003, you can/could play them all the way from 1on1 to 4on4 and although they are very different they both have great gameplay... Although I do think Rankin is played a bit to much, I would like to play maps like Goose and Corrugation more... Antalus as well, that maps have become even better in UT2004 ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Nosnos
      I love it, the best retail map in UT2004...
      Oh and to the topic starter..if you can make a better map then rankin go ahead. We need more good DM maps.

Comment

I don't have much against rankin in particular, other than that I don't get to play much else, and demo servers are only fun for so long.
        Not that this is unique to dm or tdm however...

I spy 2 maps that aren't in the demo:
        [shot]http://scrap.5elements.net/Shot00042.jpg[/shot]

A little better, but still my choices are rather limited by ping:
        [shot]http://scrap.5elements.net/Shot00029.jpg[/shot]

For some reason the server browser shows 40-50 ping more than what I actually get, if I join a server that says 90 I usually get 50. The servers within acceptable ping are still pretty few tho.

Comment

Btw... doesnt it seem to you that Epic really do know what makes a good DM-map? I mean they include rankin with the demo for UT2004 and Antalus/Asbestos for UT2003, argubly the best retailmaps in both those games.. and still if they know what maps are good to play why don't they make more maps like it? Instead of maps like Serpentine and Inferno... I just dont understand...

Comment

Great map, good FPS, couldn't do better myself and I enjoy playing on it. Same as Antalus and Asbestos, quite possibly the best 3 maps in the game.

Comment

meh its an okay amp...just im not very god at it same for deck.....im just cursed.

Comment

Btw... doesnt it seem to you that Epic really do know what makes a good DM-map? I mean they include rankin with the demo for UT2004 and Antalus/Asbestos for UT2003, argubly the best retailmaps in both those games.. and still if they know what maps are good to play why don't they make more maps like it? Instead of maps like Serpentine and Inferno... I just dont understand...
                Single player. I'd bet that a lot of the maps are included because they play to the bots' strengths, so the single player experience is better for those who don't want to go online.

Mmaestro

Comment

Originally posted by Mmaestro
                  Single player. I'd bet that a lot of the maps are included because they play to the bots' strengths, so the single player experience is better for those who don't want to go online.

Mmaestro
                  So the bots strenght is playing maps with no flow and crappy weapon/PU-placement?

Comment

Its the best map alongside Grendel
                    gg

Comment

Rankin is without doubt the best FFA map in the game. I still like it, I wish all maps were like that.

Originally posted by Mmaestro

Mmaestro
                      The game's not really meant to be single player. The single player in UT games is just slapped on so people offline can enjoy it as well.
                      I mean, come on... teamplay with bots?

You've been saying a lot of things I agree with lately and this is, without any doubt, the weirdest. :bulb:

Comment

r0X.

Comment

I doubt I'll get bored with Rankin before the next good FPS game comes out , best for 1on1 and almost as good as Antalus for 2on2.

Comment

Rankin's too overrated.

so is faceclassic and bridgeoffate.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
                              The game's not really meant to be single player. The single player in UT games is just slapped on so people offline can enjoy it as well.
                              I mean, come on... teamplay with bots?
                              I don't know, I think that a lot of players discount the number of offline gamers, and casual gamers such as myself. I don't have the time or inclination to learn the layouts of maps, I struggle to win an Adept botmatch, and I generally get through 2 or 3 matches online if I come on at all before deciding that I'd rather enjoy a game rather than spend my time being humiliated. What UT is good for for a lot of people like me is something that can be dipped into for literally 20 minutes at a time, and if you can't spend the time getting good, then botmatches are where it's at. I imagine there's a pretty big player base like me, too - I'm certainly not the only one I know who plays like this.

Mmaestro

Comment

Working...
                              X