Vote Unreal Tournament 2004 PC Game of the Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KaneRobot
    Singleplayer? Sure. UT2004 barely has a singleplayer mode, it's just a botmatch.

Multiplayer? Hell no. All HL2 has right now is a pretty port of an old game and a depth-less deathmatch mode with only two maps - and don't pretend any of those utter **** maps that have been "released by the community" so far are worth playing. Absolutely no contest when it comes to multiplayer, and that's even before you take the mods into account. UT2004 > HL2.
    yeah your right and all, but half life 2 is more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Being
      hl2 is a better game over all.
      only the graphics... a nicely created game with awesome graphics, but poor and boring isn't much of a good game.. UT2004 owns...

Comment

Originally posted by DaPlayer1
        only the graphics... a nicely created game with awesome graphics, but poor and boring isn't much of a good game.. UT2004 owns...
        Poor and boring? Pfff, maybe it's just that YOU find it poor and boring. As for me, it's the new king of single player FPS.

Comment

Originally posted by Kr4zed
          Poor and boring? Pfff, maybe it's just that YOU find it poor and boring. As for me, it's the new king of single player FPS.
          i think your use of underline and italics is quite important...this is the main reason i wouldn't vote it the best...i have NEVER favored single player over multi...a poor multi player game (which UT2004 is not) is still better than a fantastic single player (which HL2 is)..

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
            i think your use of underline and italics is quite important...this is the main reason i wouldn't vote it the best...i have NEVER favored single player over multi...a poor multi player game (which UT2004 is not) is still better than a fantastic single player (which HL2 is)..
            agreed... single player is boring.. honestly, i have never ever even touched the single player mode in ut2004

Comment

it's a toughy for me. the ut franchise has been the first game i've actually played to get better. more so starting starting with ut2k3, and now especially with 2k4. i never played hl, but i won hl2 in a raffle for free at a lan party. (hey, the price was right...) the two games are really really really hard to compare. hl2 is a single player game for the most part, and ut2k4 is undoubtedly a multiplayer game. ut2k4's mp is far more strategic and in depth than hl2's dm, but there's something appealing about chucking a fileing cabinet at somebody's face. i think the single player in hl2 is unbelieveable, i haven't played anywhere's near through it (probably not even half way), but what i've played is amazing. the physics engine is unparalleled in any game. i would say, i think the water looks better in hl2 than in ut2k4 (ut2k4's looks pretty good, but it's unrealistic). hl2's facial expressions are unbelieveable. never thought something like that could be into a game, so far ahead of everybody else. the lighting is much much much better in hl2, but i really like the weapons of ut2k4. there's such a variety of weapons in ut2k4, and they're all balanced almost perfectly with the exception of a couple. realism, hl2 takes the cake, replayable mp, ut2k4 takes the cake, mainly because all the different game types and the fabulous moding community. however, with ut2k4's lack of any kind of real single player, and hl2's fabulous single player, i had to vote for hl2. really, it was a very tough decision, and it's a narrow margin, but hl2 is just an amazingly fun game (i mean.. what's more fun than chopping zombies in half by hurling a 20" saw blade at them at ~30 mph?). they're both fabulous games though, and i love them both so much. can't wait to see what hl3 and ut2k5 (or from what it sounds like, ut2k6 will be the next) brings. although, if hl2 is any testiment, we wont see hl3 for another 6 years until 2010...

k.. now that i've babbled incessantly going now...

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
                Well, that's the difference between me and you. I, on the other hand, have always preferred single player first person shooters with a strong story and plot twists to multiplayer games. To each his own, I guess.

Comment

The best computer game ever made?
                  Awaited for years?
                  Sold out of a quarter of a million copies on the day of release (record)?
                  Guaranteed to break sale records and take the number one spot from the previous game from the same company, as each of their new game does?
                  Number one of sales? With it's Collector's Edition being 9th at the same time?
                  Gameplay in preference to eye-candy?
                  Customer support? Fixing bugs, listening?
                  Etc...?

The best computer game ever made? - Personal view
                  Awaited for years? - Um...I dont think anyone knew it two years ago?
                  Sold out of a quarter of a million copies on the day of release (record)?
                  Guaranteed to break sale records and take the number one spot from the previous game from the same company, as each of their new game does?
                  Number one of sales? With it's Collector's Edition being 9th at the same time?

The Sims and all it's expansion packs completely OWN WoW
                  Gameplay in preference to eye-candy? - Dont know about this.
                  Customer support? Fixing bugs, listening? - Saw people talking about that it had MASSIVe amounts of bugs, even more than the previously talked about Counter Strike.

Comment

Look at the votes now.. -__-. Who hacked it?

Still in 2nd though.

Comment

Faster sales makes a game better?

Comment

Working...
                      X