Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just don't understand why epic can pump out ONS stuff but doesn't include anything for ctf/br/tdm/everything else... i mean it wouldn't be difficult to throw a few maps for each gametype in... wouldn't be hard to package full UTV and utcomp, but anyways....

it's not my job to make maps, i just play the game... but i would like proper support, now can we quit arguing about this? like it even matters at this point? maybe a few months ago, but it doesn't matter anymore

Comment

Originally posted by -Sasuke-
      I just don't understand why epic can pump out ONS stuff but doesn't include anything for ctf/br/tdm/everything else... i mean it wouldn't be difficult to throw a few maps for each gametype in...
      Again, what do you want them to include for those gametypes? Maps? There are hundreds of maps out there for every gametype but BR, and I know none of you are complaining about BR. So what do you want them to release/do for these other gametypes?

Not flaming, just trying to understand.

Comment

I just don't understand why epic can pump out ONS stuff but doesn't include anything for ctf/br/tdm/everything else... i mean it wouldn't be difficult to throw a few maps for each gametype in... wouldn't be hard to package full UTV and utcomp, but anyways....

it's not my job to make maps, i just play the game... but i would like proper support, now can we quit arguing about this? like it even matters at this point? maybe a few months ago, but it doesn't matter anymore
        **Snore:downcast:**

Try again li'l trooper..... you'll get it eventually!

Comment

I just dont understand, if Epic wont fix the bugs, why dont the community does it? Heck if i could code, id use some days to make an bug-solving mutator.

Comment

Originally posted by Carinae
            **Snore:downcast:**

Try again li'l trooper..... you'll get it eventually!
            SHHHHHHHH at least Sasuke isn't evil mean and nasty!

Well at least not to our faces.

Comment

Originally posted by Daspadger
              I just dont understand, if Epic wont fix the bugs, why dont the community does it? Heck if i could code, id use some days to make an bug-solving mutator.
              Because nobody uses mutators, except UTcomp and that anti-tcc stuff.

Originally posted by Dreamchaser
              Aright gentlemen that is quite enough bickering over the lack of support issue.

If you want better DM/TDM or whatever maps learn to make em.

The task is not that hard.

Everything create for ONS gametype,,, models, special effects and all is avalable use on any other map type and this includes vehicles.

lack of support? ha!

you want better maps? make em,,,

The tools are there and even more stuff to do it with is there as well.

it is just that simple.

The architecture of this software is wide open. There are no limitations, except your knowledge of the game software.

I am convinced anyone complaining about this software does not know enough about it.

Stop hyjacking my topic, please.

Not trying to hurt you but... did your maps ever get on any server? Would they be voted? Would leagues include them in their finals? Only official maps and soma mads ever reach a status like this in UT. You'll have next to no success with custom made maps, the most you'll get is people putting them on their custom map only servers where they're voted once , people play instagib 200% gamespeed on it for 10 minutes and then the map changes to ctf-bedroom][roflr0xx32 and your map is voted never again.

Comment

I just don't understand why epic can pump out ONS stuff but doesn't include anything for ctf/br/tdm/everything else... i mean it wouldn't be difficult to throw a few maps for each gametype in...
                Last time I checked I had so many CTF and DM maps I decided I was going to sit down and try them all.

I limited each match to 5 minutes.

It still took half the day. (obviously this wasn't perfectly non stop, but other than the phone ringing a few times, eating once, and a couple bathroom trips I was basically doing nothing but playing UT)

This was just with the stock game + CBP1 and 2.

Now I have probably double that amount - merely from joining servers and using a cache cleaner.

I have not manually downloaded ANY maps for CTF or DM.

Why Epic would put ANY effort at making CTF/DM maps when there's such a deluge of them being vomited forth by the community is beyond me.

BR? It's one of the least popular gametypes - explanation obvious.

Anyone whining about a MAP SHORTAGE for CTF/DM is either a freaking blind moron or so locked up in a heroin like addiction to Unreal that they'd better go get some help.

Comment

Originally posted by squoibymox
                  Why Epic would put ANY effort at making CTF/DM maps when there's such a deluge of them being vomited forth by the community is beyond me.

Anyone whining about a MAP SHORTAGE for CTF/DM is either a freaking blind moron or so locked up in a heroin like addiction to Unreal that they'd better go get some help.
                  I agree, but they want official maps to be used in ladders, competitions, etc. Even so, there are still quite a lot of official DM maps that come with the game, far more than ONS, AS and BR combined.

But if you can dictate in the ladder rules that utcomp and anti-tcc must be used, you can just as easily say that certain custom maps have been deemed acceptable for ladder play.

And I'm still ticked about BR never getting the attention it deserved from Epic. I'm going to badmouth these guys until they start giving more support for Bombing Run!!!

Comment

Originally posted by squoibymox
                    Last time I checked I had so many CTF and DM maps I decided I was going to sit down and try them all.

I limited each match to 5 minutes.

It still took half the day. (obviously this wasn't perfectly non stop, but other than the phone ringing a few times, eating once, and a couple bathroom trips I was basically doing nothing but playing UT)

This was just with the stock game + CBP1 and 2.

Now I have probably double that amount - merely from joining servers and using a cache cleaner.

I have not manually downloaded ANY maps for CTF or DM.

Yes, there's a lot of (T)DM maps, but only very few of them have quality. And mappers know when they make a quality map and when they make "just another map so we can say we ship with 1000 maps" or "wow, nice eyecandy." You can't tell me the maker of plunge was looking at his map and said" wow, awesome item placement and well balanced. This is a high quality map"

Comment

This is enough gentlemen thank you for your response.

Comment

Working...
                      X