Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by H0PE
    Crapy mouse.
    You just made KriLL3.2™ cry.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KriLL3.2™
    optical v1.1a is ancient.. Ofcourse you feel a difference and dont loose FPS..
    Agreed. But I still felt huge difference and it's working on 500Hz. That'a all it matters.

Originally posted by KriLL3.2™ a MX range mouse however got someware around 10x the persision of yours and hence it collects and transmits more data..
    I'e never believed that "hugh precision" and "transporting data"... You know why? Check the new mx1000. Not even a cable version exist and still they state it's trillion times more precise then anything else. Up to USB1.1 communication speed? Pff... BullSh*t man. If there are no bigger data transfer between the pc and the mouse [as with other devices] then there is no such thing like more precise movement. And there aren't any significant bigger data transfer with mx510 neither... I've had one for a few months... Dropped it back to my friend a few weeks ago. Crapy mouse. I couldn't really feel *that* much of a sens difference at all.

If the data transfer would be maxed out on usb 1.1 [because of the "huge" data transfer rate] you would loose up to 5% of your cpu speed. That's all. Sure if the game code is crappy then you will loose fps... IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    optical v1.1a is ancient.. Ofcourse you feel a difference and dont loose FPS..

a MX range mouse however got someware around 10x the persision of yours and hence it collects and transmits more data.. more data that needs to be processed... especialy for the smoothing algorithm.

With a MX range mouse the smoothing dont make any difference.. and since it's so much mouse data you need alot of computing power to process it..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    U definitelly not loosing ANY FPS. Not related. Sure if you do some _stupid_ change it could degrade fps but not "tweaking the mouse". I have a wheelmouse optical v1.1a microsoft mouse. Old stuff, basic two handed scroll mouse. And I feeeeel [ala U2 in vertigo LOL] the differenc big time mate [me got mediocre skills YET]...

More precise mouse movement is a must for everyone I recon! :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For me and anyone with atleast a semi-modern mouse it wount make any difference but to remove 10:ish of your FPS..

No point in using a useless feature that just reduce your FPS...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    another tweak

under ut2004.ini, look for:
    mousesamplerate [if I recall correctly]...

This settings can be increased to match windows samplerate. Let's say 500Hz. we're using 0.002000 [if I recall correctly again, sorry dunno the numbers right now]. That should be 500Hz [CAN SOMEBODY CONFIRM THE CORRECTNESS OF THIS METRIC PLEASE? THX]...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: usb

Originally posted by H0PE
    if you're using windows xp you could enable usb port to use 500Hz sample rate. It will give you (with a relative good mouse) a huge boost in precision. It's like you bought a new trillion $ worth of mouse. Also turn off acceleration in windows and I personally reduce the mouse speed in windows to the middle (between fast and slow settings I mean).
    IIRC, UT2k4 ignores the mouse settings in Windows so long as you use the default drivers. Perhaps not speed, but certainly acceleration.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    mouse smoothing should be off, gets kinda "laggy" with it on

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hmm...

Good question but I think the original article where I found the info was older than sp2 so it should work with sp1. Basically it's just a little dll tweak, enabling usbport.sys to send and recieve data faster than 125Hz. But this feature only available on windows xp...

Checked my little readme about it but sp2 not a recommendation (in the readme at least).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    that's only possible in XP SP2 though, correct?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    usb

if you're using windows xp you could enable usb port to use 500Hz sample rate. It will give you (with a relative good mouse) a huge boost in precision. It's like you bought a new trillion $ worth of mouse. Also turn off acceleration in windows and I personally reduce the mouse speed in windows to the middle (between fast and slow settings I mean).

Turn to d3d vsynch off and reduce max framerate rendering ahead to 0. In ut2k4 remove acceleration and smoothing totally. Surely you need constant fps with this option (not below 50, average 70will be ok I guess).

With the above options mouse will be as smooth as iceskating.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I hardly know anyone who uses mouse smoothing :bored:
    But then again, i hardly know any pro's

Leave a comment:

• replied
    mouse smoothing mode is 0 for me, doesnt make a diff with my optical mouse.

As boksha said it varies wildy for the pro players, best to try out various values for urself. Set mode to 1 and adjust the strength from 0.1, 0.15, 0.2 so on up to 1.0 (0.3 default).

If u insist on seeing what the pros use, google sk clan, they got profiles for each player in ut2004. PPL like Gitzzz Horny etc have their favourite mouse settings monitor settings all there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Mouse smoothening

Originally posted by gange
    I was wondering what advantages there are to having a low and high setting for this particular value, Does anyone happen to know what the pros use ?
    I expect the pros to use what they usually do: just about anything.
    Settings tend to vary wildly between the best players. Go with what suits you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    how do you turn precision on or off? :noob:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X