Mouse smoothening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouse smoothening

I was wondering what advantages there are to having a low and high setting for this particular value, Does anyone happen to know what the pros use ?

why would you wanna use what the 'pros' use

if your mouse movements feel fine to you atm then dont change them, if you think they feel sluggish or jerky then experiment with it and see what suits you best, at the end of the day mouse settings all go down to what you feel most comfortable with - there is no advantage to be had using any particular mouse setting. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by ^vs^Bazza
      why would you wanna use what the 'pros' use

if your mouse movements feel fine to you atm then dont change them, if you think they feel sluggish or jerky then experiment with it and see what suits you best, at the end of the day mouse settings all go down to what you feel most comfortable with - there is no advantage to be had using any particular mouse setting. . . .
      Actually if you use snap aiming a lot, then you want to turn mouse acceleration off. Smoothing I have noticed does not affect it too much.

Comment

Also if you are using an MX510 with the Logitech drivers and precision ON (800 dpi) you won't notice a thing with smoothing ON or OFF.

Comment

Originally posted by Abilio_KID
          Also if you are using an MX510 with the Logitech drivers and precision ON (800 dpi) you won't notice a thing with smoothing ON or OFF.
          :up:

Comment

how do you turn precision on or off? :noob:

Comment

Re: Mouse smoothening

Originally posted by gange
              I was wondering what advantages there are to having a low and high setting for this particular value, Does anyone happen to know what the pros use ?
              I expect the pros to use what they usually do: just about anything.
              Settings tend to vary wildly between the best players. Go with what suits you.

Comment

mouse smoothing mode is 0 for me, doesnt make a diff with my optical mouse.

As boksha said it varies wildy for the pro players, best to try out various values for urself. Set mode to 1 and adjust the strength from 0.1, 0.15, 0.2 so on up to 1.0 (0.3 default).

If u insist on seeing what the pros use, google sk clan, they got profiles for each player in ut2004. PPL like Gitzzz Horny etc have their favourite mouse settings monitor settings all there.

Comment

I hardly know anyone who uses mouse smoothing :bored:
                  But then again, i hardly know any pro's

Comment

usb

if you're using windows xp you could enable usb port to use 500Hz sample rate. It will give you (with a relative good mouse) a huge boost in precision. It's like you bought a new trillion $ worth of mouse. Also turn off acceleration in windows and I personally reduce the mouse speed in windows to the middle (between fast and slow settings I mean).

Turn to d3d vsynch off and reduce max framerate rendering ahead to 0. In ut2k4 remove acceleration and smoothing totally. Surely you need constant fps with this option (not below 50, average 70will be ok I guess).

With the above options mouse will be as smooth as iceskating.

Comment

that's only possible in XP SP2 though, correct?

Comment

hmm...

Good question but I think the original article where I found the info was older than sp2 so it should work with sp1. Basically it's just a little dll tweak, enabling usbport.sys to send and recieve data faster than 125Hz. But this feature only available on windows xp...

Checked my little readme about it but sp2 not a recommendation (in the readme at least).

Comment

mouse smoothing should be off, gets kinda "laggy" with it on

Comment

Re: usb

Originally posted by H0PE
                            if you're using windows xp you could enable usb port to use 500Hz sample rate. It will give you (with a relative good mouse) a huge boost in precision. It's like you bought a new trillion $ worth of mouse. Also turn off acceleration in windows and I personally reduce the mouse speed in windows to the middle (between fast and slow settings I mean).
                            IIRC, UT2k4 ignores the mouse settings in Windows so long as you use the default drivers. Perhaps not speed, but certainly acceleration.

Comment

another tweak

under ut2004.ini, look for:
                              mousesamplerate [if I recall correctly]...

This settings can be increased to match windows samplerate. Let's say 500Hz. we're using 0.002000 [if I recall correctly again, sorry dunno the numbers right now]. That should be 500Hz [CAN SOMEBODY CONFIRM THE CORRECTNESS OF THIS METRIC PLEASE? THX]...

Comment

Working...
                              X