No announcement yet.

Severe freezes when joining an online game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i went from 512 to 1gb and didn't notice much difference. i was expecting a wow thats quicker but nothings really shocked me. could i have done something wrong? - 2x 256 PC2700 generic, 1 x 512 PC2700 Crucial

Comment

I don't think PC2700 is fast enough to make a big difference? I recently upgraded from 512mb of PC3200 to a gig of that and it made a huge increase in performance for me.

Comment

Originally posted by [6pk]Shambler
        I don't think PC2700 is fast enough to make a big difference? I recently upgraded from 512mb of PC3200 to a gig of that and it made a huge increase in performance for me.
        I have PC2700 ram and going from 512 to 1gig made a big difference in loading speed, plus eradicated little hitches you'd get occasionally in-game.

I have run the ram @ just 266, and @ 333, and I couldn't tell the difference so imo it's the quantity rather than the speed that's important (within reason, obviously not if it's PC100 )

Comment

Ah ok fair enough Maybe it was the mixing of ram that was a disadvantage to Anoobis?

Comment

Spoiler

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
              (within reason, obviously not if it's PC100 )
              :haha: :haha: my brothers computer has got 56mb of PC100. needless to say he's getting a new computer for christmas...

would half generic half crucial. make a difference? i can use up all 1gig (yes i've tried ) so it seems like a speed problem somewhere or something

Comment

:shrug:

Afaik mixing brands shouldn't make a difference (although having identical sticks is always better I think). Have you got a load of **** running in the background or something.

Comment

nope i close as much as i can.

AMD 2400+
                  Nvidia FX5200 :cry:
                  plenty of hard drive left.

Ut2004 isn't my main game (UT>*) so i'm not too worried and i bought memory also for when uni deadlines hit and i have several CAD programs open as well as photoshop and paintshop pro (yes both). obviously having those open and running vaguely smooth the night before a hand in takes a decent hit on the memory

Comment

I started with 1GB of RAM running 2X 3200 DDR 512MB Sticks in dual channel mode....yeah, never had any problems

Comment

Ah hah! Well, there you go. Oh yeah, turn off the Windows Firewall as well. That might do the trick.
                      I disabled norton antivirus and internet security and no difference.

Comment

Working...
                      X