Severe freezes when joining an online game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Severe freezes when joining an online game

Do any of you have an agonizing wait when you try to join an online game?

Lets say I wanted to join a DM server. I look for pings of about 30. I press "join". It says "connecting to server" as usual. It loads the map in about 30 seconds. I see the "press fire to join". My computer freezes, and I can't move the cursor, but the loading light on my computer stays on. 2 minutes later, I hear a second of sound from the game. My computer squeezes 1 frame, and freezes again. Another minute later, I get "Anti TCC has booted you from the game for idling".

Does anyone have a solution? It's not fair! I have to spectate, and once my PC has recovered from it's Ice Age, the match has finished! It's not fair! :cry: :down:

More RAM!!!

Comment

I would have thought 512mb was adequate.

Comment

When I upgraded from 512 to 768 my load time went from a min to 10-20 seconds. Also the loading after you hit fire dissappears. I would have thought 512 was enough also but after the upgrade I seen it wasn't.

Comment

Spaz007, did it in any way improve your online game loading time? I also have a broadband adapter. Could that freeze my pc?

Comment

Originally posted by mazza558
            Spaz007, did it in any way improve your online game loading time? I also have a broadband adapter. Could that freeze my pc?
            Yes that was the only reason I got more memory. I got tired of the game being half done before my computer got done loading. So one day I went to the store picked a stick of 256 and took it for a test run just to see if that was my problem. It was, so now I can load a map before the game starts and before most of the player are even loaded. I don't think the adapter would hurt anything.

Comment

OH, good, i'm getting 1GB of ram soon.

Comment

Try deleting your cache. That helps sometimes.

Comment

i have nothing in my cache

Comment

Turn off any antivirus or spyware blocker software. If you're running Windows XP, turn off system restore. Are you using hardware acceleration for your audio output? If so, change that to software mode. For some reason my FPS plummets into oblivion whenever I turn that option on.

Comment

Well, i've got norton antivirus and internet security running.

Comment

Well, i've got norton antivirus and internet security running.
                        Ah hah! Well, there you go. Oh yeah, turn off the Windows Firewall as well. That might do the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaz007
                          More RAM!!!
                          Why you steal stuff from this wonderous mouth of mine?!

Comment

GET MORE RAM

Comment

I would have thought 512mb was adequate.
                              Barely. Having 1GB makes a big difference

Comment

Working...
                              X