No announcement yet.

[ot] A good anti-virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes but a on-line scan won't protect you while you are browsing **** etc. They only help find the probs once you have them.

Comment

nod32

www.nod32.com

Download trial... Install... After 30days remove and reinstall. Use it again for 30days. :]

Best ever. You're not even going to notice there is an AV software running in the background.

Also it's 99% (on some places 100%) accurate detecting the nastiest viruses. Check a few tests.

Enjoy! (if you wanna try it out).

Personally I dropped Norton/Symantec antivirus for this one. NAV :down:

Comment

I'm gonna go with AVG as well. Never had any problems with it, and I know a lot of people who use it.

Comment

I was using Avast for a long time, but then moved to (and paid for) NOD32 because it caught something that Avast didn’t (at the time, anyway.)

Anyway, I am back on Avast again after discovering that NOD32 doesn’t do on-system-start scans or delete files on-system-start — an important feature to have if a virus cannot be deleted while Windows is running. A shame because I prefer NOD32’s interface.

Comment

AMD Athlon 64 + Windows XP SP2

Comment

Originally posted by DrThodt
              AMD Athlon 64 + Windows XP SP2
              What’s this, a “common-sense is the best defense” post in disguise?

Enjoy your malware.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Brownstone
                What’s this, a “common-sense is the best defense” post in disguise?

Enjoy your malware.
                Athlon64 has enhanced virus protection, CPU level defense against the execution of viruses that use buffer overflows, which works in conjunction with SP2.

Comment

Working...
                X