Masterful Bots pwning me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Masterful Bots pwning me?

Why is it that I played corrugation and the bots simply owned the HELL out of me. I was like 7 and 40. I don't even play that bad on servers. Is it my luck, do I suck, or are the bots programmed to go primarily for the player in deathmatch? It really does **** me off. I would jump down into a room and all of the firepower would focus in on me, more than once. EVERY time I did it that was the result. I could barely even get into an arm's reach of any gun.

Well I can't wait to see the replies to this one. There are a lot of people hanging around here that say the bots are way to easy even on Godlike. I guess a lot of them are probably using Auto-Aim because when I put that on I own Godlike bots too but it's sucky and is no challenge at all. To answer your question abouts the bots all aiming there fire at you - yes that is true - player is no 1 priority.

EDIT: Ohh! and I can beat masterful bots easily most of the time but I end up with a score like the one you gave when I play them normally on godlike. I guess I just suck too

Comment

Re: Masterful Bots pwning me?

Originally posted by WurdupWudup
      Why is it that I played corrugation and the bots simply owned the HELL out of me. I was like 7 and 40. I don't even play that bad on servers. Is it my luck, do I suck, or are the bots programmed to go primarily for the player in deathmatch? It really does **** me off. I would jump down into a room and all of the firepower would focus in on me, more than once. EVERY time I did it that was the result. I could barely even get into an arm's reach of any gun.
      You mean your score was 7-40?

Yes you do suck then sorry

Comment

The ONLY reason the bots are pawning you is because of thier high accuracy with all spam weapons ..... even if you're dodge jumping everywhere.

To pawn them, simply stay away from them and pulverise them with hitscan weapons. Fortunately, they don't tend to use hitscan themselves and they tend to suck when they do (unless it's accuracy stat is high, well then, you're totally stuffed). Also, it's pretty easy to run from them with dodge jumping.

Oh, the bots suck at timing the powerups, so it's a great time to learn this yourself.

As for the bots actually going out of thier way to shoot only you, yes, it's not paranoia, it's damned real .... I've even seen two bots side by side chase me from one side of the level to the other! So don't jump right in the middle of a bot firefight, unless you want 95% of the firepower blowing your own *** up.

GL.

Comment

The player > bot priority is to make it more fun and challenging for the player.

The rest is just bot-stupidity and the vague attempt to counter said stupidity (sick aim).

Comment

gg

Comment

Originally posted by gargorias
              Well I can't wait to see the replies to this one. There are a lot of people hanging around here that say the bots are way to easy even on Godlike. I guess a lot of them are probably using Auto-Aim because when I put that on I own Godlike bots too but it's sucky and is no challenge at all.
              Wow. I really love replies like this. I'm not even going to comment on the bs you just posted, because other people will do.

Originally posted by WurdupWudup

Try 1v1 then.

Comment

Well I can't wait to see the replies to this one. There are a lot of people hanging around here that say the bots are way to easy even on Godlike. I guess a lot of them are probably using Auto-Aim because when I put that on I own Godlike bots too but it's sucky and is no challenge at all.

:haha:

lmao that's sig worthy

The bots are idiots... they have the strategic ability of a pit bull

Comment

Try smarter not harder

Jumping in the middle of bots is stupid, if you wanna take them down, you gotta outsmart them (not hard at all).

Regarding to godlike bots: Unfortunately they are not godlike smart more like godlike predictable. Epic could easily have made them more human like fx enabling the bots to time items, lift jumping etc.

Comment

Originally posted by gades
                    The ONLY reason the bots are pawning you is because of thier high accuracy with all spam weapons ..... even if you're dodge jumping everywhere.

To pawn them, simply stay away from them and pulverise them with hitscan weapons. Fortunately, they don't tend to use hitscan themselves and they tend to suck when they do (unless it's accuracy stat is high, well then, you're totally stuffed). Also, it's pretty easy to run from them with dodge jumping.

Oh, the bots suck at timing the powerups, so it's a great time to learn this yourself.

As for the bots actually going out of thier way to shoot only you, yes, it's not paranoia, it's damned real .... I've even seen two bots side by side chase me from one side of the level to the other! So don't jump right in the middle of a bot firefight, unless you want 95% of the firepower blowing your own *** up.

GL.
                    +1

As a person who plays single player (instant action) most of the time, I can vouch for all of the above. Bots stop being pushovers at around Masterful, IMO. Anyway, there are tactics to beating bots, but the problem is, if you learn and master these techniques, then playing against people online will screw you because they are nowhere near similar. I try to play against bots as I would against humans, but inevitably they'll use their insane accuracy with stuff like the goo gun, or LINK, to trash me, so then I'll resort to cheap bot techniques for awhile. Keep a happy medium. :up:

-I heard a few places that Fatality trained against only bots, but most people will say he's no good anymore. Not to mention he was probably just running around the levels picking things up, then camping for awhile before doing it all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by S.2
                      :haha:

lmao that's sig worthy

The bots are idiots... they have the strategic ability of a pit bull
                      go after the ankles?

Comment

Originally posted by FuschiaShades
                        +1

As a person who plays single player (instant action) most of the time, I can vouch for all of the above. Bots stop being pushovers at around Masterful, IMO. Anyway, there are tactics to beating bots, but the problem is, if you learn and master these techniques, then playing against people online will screw you because they are nowhere near similar. I try to play against bots as I would against humans, but inevitably they'll use their insane accuracy with stuff like the goo gun, or LINK, to trash me, so then I'll resort to cheap bot techniques for awhile. Keep a happy medium. :up:

-I heard a few places that Fatality trained against only bots, but most people will say he's no good anymore. Not to mention he was probably just running around the levels picking things up, then camping for awhile before doing it all over again.
                        If you want to play with bots who resembles human kind of play, you could try searching for a mutator called "superbots" or something like that. There was a mutator like this for UT2k3 where the botsĀ“ movement etc. were more human like, I am not 100% sure that this mutator is available for UT2k4 but its worth a search

Comment

Originally posted by jaQal
                          If you want to play with bots who resembles human kind of play, you could try searching for a mutator called "superbots" or something like that. There was a mutator like this for UT2k3 where the botsĀ“ movement etc. were more human like, I am not 100% sure that this mutator is available for UT2k4 but its worth a search
                          Mysterial, the author of Superbots for ut2k3, was contracted/hired by Epic to, amongst other things, help with the bot code for ut2k4. ut2k4 bots sort of are the superbots, except probably better actually.

Comment

Well I can't wait to see the replies to this one. There are a lot of people hanging around here that say the bots are way to easy even on Godlike.
                            Predictably, they took the bait. Satisfying, isn't it?

Comment

Yep! and I should change my sig to "Have a go at my sig if it makes you feel good."

Comment

Working...
                              X