Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where do you guys go for ut2004 maps, skins etc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like google ..

Also, on our own fora we have several threads where members post links to new mods / maps / models / skins they fdund and I often check those out.

Comment

www.ut200xhq.com <<< The best

Comment

Nuts. Lert beat me to posting FnG Forums on here. You can find a slew of maps/skins/muts, etc. if you check the links in the UT2004 forum.

Comment

I always go to BeyondUnreal first if i'm looking for a particular file, then ut2003hq, and if those fail, i resort to google. Usually, i'm able to find anything under the sun.

Comment

I get my stuff from the server
            Unless I think some mod/mute/etc is really worth it, then I dl from whatever link is given

Comment

DARN IT, All of YOU@@@!!!!!

Comment

There are tons of map sites, but most of them are further down the chain and only rehash other sites' stuff.

The 3 I check are Mapraider, Nalicity and UnrealPlayground. If it hasn't been mentioned here, odds are one of those 3 has it. There are some foreign sites that get foreign maps ahead of time, but those generally show up here at some point. And then there are sites like ut2003files.com, which will take any map given to them. I assume most sites have a line that they don't cross for quality of maps, but these guys take anything. I don't go there, for obvious reasons. It's like a gamer's 2 month old baby was let lose in UEd3, and those maps are the result. Any good maps there are rehashes. Anyway.

There are so few custum skins that are worthwile, I don't bother with them.

Comment

Originally posted by fishfillet
                  is it alright to get rid of a mod by just throwing the folder and the shortcut for it into the recycling bin? i installed those mods via the dvd ec edition of ut 2004.
                  You should run setup and uninstall properly or else all the mod's additions to your ini and int files will not be removed.

Comment

thanks yo, anyways if anyone else has good sites to reccomend, go on ahead.

Comment

SkinCity :up: :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Duffman
                        www.ut200xhq.com <<< The best
                        Indeed!

Renegade: That's because nobody wants to use a site that kept leeching from other sites for weeks, even after they where told they didn't have permission to do so.

Comment

Working...
                        X