Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accused of hacking. Is this common?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Accused of hacking. Is this common?

    About a week ago I was playing on a public server (ViperX's Den or something like that) and without warning I got booted from the game, no reason given. So I went on about my business and went to another server.

    Then a few days ago, someone in a game on a server I can't remember told me to "lose the hack or I would be banned." I figured he meant his message for someone else and went on about the game with no further trouble.

    Then last night it happened again in ViperX's server. But instead of going away when booted with no reason, I went back to the same server to find out why. I was then warned by the admin "not to do it again or I would be banned." Of course, I was clueless and didn't know what "it" was. "Do what?" I asked, thinking that maybe I'd broken some obscure rule (I'm still pretty much a n00b in my fifth month of play). The admin simply said "you know what you did." Again, I was clueless.

    It took a little work, but the admin finally flat out accused me of using some kind of hack. He said he had full health and I fragged him with four shots from a manta. Well, I don't even recall fragging him, because I fragged about 50 guys in that game. But I do know that I've never hacked anything, and don't even know where to begin if I wanted to hack something. I also thought he could detect this stuff with the antiTCC thingy.

    I understand that this is his server and he can boot anyone he wants to, but is it common to be accused of hacking simply because you fragged someone? And is there any way for me to prove that I am not a hacker?

    Maybe I should just go on about my business again, but it really peeves me to be accused of something I didn't do. I'm a pretty hard competitor, but I think cheaters are scum and don't want to be accused of such.

    Thoughts and comments?

    #2
    Its ether AntiTCC or stupaid admins that only want to win:sour:

    Comment


      #3
      Very common if you're half decent especially if you grace a server full of newbies. A lot of people will think they're tanked up because they have a 50 armour and when you kill them with 2 shots with a amped shock they spew.

      Also a lot of people come from/play CS and that game is enough to make anyone paranoid, the amount of cheaters on each server is so stupid.

      Just ignore it and find a server where there are a lot of good people

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Zoeff
        Its ether AntiTCC or stupaid admins that only want to win:sour:
        Probably the latter. This guy had a score of something like 335 and the next highest was mine at like 80. It seems to me he's probably so arrogant that he thinks the only way someone can possibly frag him is by cheating.

        But can't he tell with the antiTCC who's cheating and who's not?

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by eVeNfL0W
          Very common if you're half decent especially if you grace a server full of newbies. A lot of people will think they're tanked up because they have a 50 armour and when you kill them with 2 shots with a amped shock they spew.

          Also a lot of people come from/play CS and that game is enough to make anyone paranoid, the amount of cheaters on each server is so stupid.

          Just ignore it and find a server where there are a lot of good people
          Yeah, I guess I should take it as a compliment and just move on. I really have improved over the past few months, thanks in large part to reading these boards. Of course, the 2-3 hours of play each night probably helped a little, too.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Dyno12
            Probably the latter. This guy had a score of something like 335 and the next highest was mine at like 80. It seems to me he's probably so arrogant that he thinks the only way someone can possibly frag him is by cheating.

            But can't he tell with the antiTCC who's cheating and who's not?
            Well ... im not sure but i think there are some cheats that can avoid AntiTCC in some way .. but please dont discus cheats on this forum, its forbidden here.

            and 335 frags vs. 80? And he acused you of cheating? What an idiot :sour:

            Comment


              #7
              well there are some n00bs who say OMGH4X to every1 who pwnz them, so just ignore it ^^

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Zoeff
                .. but please dont discus cheats on this forum, its forbidden here.
                Whoops! Sorry about that. There's that n00b in me coming out again.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Short answer: Yes (it is common).

                  Long answer: Take it as a compliment and if it bugs you too much, don't play on that server anymore.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    The Manta's plasma cannon deals 30 damage per shot with a rather large hitradius.
                    In other words: that admin was just being a paranoid ***.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I don't mind being called a cheater, but i would get pretty irritated if I got kicked for it. I would definitely write to the admin of the server and plead my case. I demo every game i play, I would send it along to the admin.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by CaptHowdy
                        Short answer: Yes (it is common).

                        Long answer: Take it as a compliment and if it bugs you too much, don't play on that server anymore.
                        Agreed. Only had ti happen once, and i took it as a good thing. Like a badge of honor deal

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Not common at all.


                          [SHOT]http://img20.exs.cx/img20/4364/ffafun2.jpg[/SHOT]

                          Comment


                            #14
                            And if it's not cheating it's "spammer", "lucker", "luker", "using rocket is lame!", "flak is lame!", "shock is lame!", "lame!", "lol", "omg", "omg lol", "backstaber!", "omg you luck", "omg fragstealer", "bio is lame!", "i didn't have waepon", "linkgun is lame!" or "spamer".
                            Ah well. I just laugh at it a bit.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Boksha
                              And if it's not cheating it's "spammer", "lucker", "luker", "using rocket is lame!", "flak is lame!", "shock is lame!", "lame!", "lol", "omg", "omg lol", "backstaber!", "omg you luck", "omg fragstealer", "bio is lame!", "i didn't have waepon", "linkgun is lame!" or "spamer".
                              Ah well. I just laugh at it a bit.
                              :down: :sour: ...spamers can be very irritating.....










                              :noob:

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X