Larger skins Easier to hit?????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    http://ut2004.gameamp.com get UTcomp there, fire it up tinker with it see how you like it... we have tech support over there if you have any questions about how to set it up.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Thanks Every Body!!!!

Originally posted by {RoD}Section 1
    Thanks for all the awesome imput! this answered my question very comprehensively. So there does seem to be some degree of stratagy in skin choice but one is not larger or smaller than the other. THANKS ALL. It would benice from my perspective if there was a mod that would make all skins look the same to me. I am all about uniformity for my victims.

Fraggingly,
    Section 1
    you can do that with bForceDefaultModel in the ut2004 ini

- or -
    play with utcomp and adjust theese there. more comfortable.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks Every Body!!!!

Thanks for all the awesome imput! this answered my question very comprehensively. So there does seem to be some degree of stratagy in skin choice but one is not larger or smaller than the other. THANKS ALL. It would benice from my perspective if there was a mod that would make all skins look the same to me. I am all about uniformity for my victims.

Fraggingly,
    Section 1

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you can edit ut2004.ini file so everyone will have the gorge skin. thats the way i have it most of the time, it helps because he is easy to see, but sometimes it gets dull with the same skin all the time so i change it around depending on a number of factors.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by GuntiNDDS
    the above statement is the truth.
    Not quite. IIRC Gorge actually has an invisible bit of hitbox above his head. Weirdness.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by S.2
    no, I think its that gorge acurately represents where the hit box is.
    the above statement is the truth.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    no, I think its that gorge acurately represents where the hit box is.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've read before (from Lotus?) that the Gorge skin was larger.......

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No, all player models have the same hitbox. However, depending on what model you use, it can be diffiult to judge where certain parts of the hitbox are. For instance, I use a custom model, it's a metal dragon which is about 1.5 times as big as the other players, so a headshot on that thing would be somwhere around his chest area.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's an illusion the hit boxes are the same for everything.

However some skins because they are smaller are harder to hit because players tend not to fire till the cross hair is on the skin, thus making them harder to hit.

The other issue is that some skins fade in and out of certain areas on certain maps, making them harder to hit, just as on some maps the red color of the red team blends into the back ground.

If you want a classic example take matrix on red team on grendle keep. She is a murky black skin with dark red team colors on a dark red back ground... she is very hard to see, and actualy fades in and out of the map at times... throw in the fact that she is very thin and thus hard to get a bead on.

On the other side some of the solid color robots, are large and fat... so if the person had a big blue robot on that map he would be easy to see, and a larger target to put the cross on.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Larger skins Easier to hit?????????

Larger skins Easier to hit?????????

It seems to me that larger skins are easier to hit. I don't think anyone could argue that haveing a target with a larger skin is easier to see from a distance and makes it a more atractive target.
    I still play 2003 for many prestated reasons. I use a skin that is a tiny woman with dark hair. it was a challenge at first to remove my ego from the equasion (sp?) and play as a little girl, but I noticed that people with that skin were the most difficult to hit. so I decided to take every possible tacticle advantage I could.
    My question is, Is there less "surface area" that is hitable with the smaller skins of is it only an illusion? There are alot of people on these boards that know a ton of stuff about stuff so here I post my question.

FRAGINGLY,
    Section 1
Working...
X