Who? What? Where? Why? & How?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Discord

If I were them, I wouldn't come here either. It's like I've said myself a few times... "Work? Oh yeah, the job's great, I really dig it. Too bad the customers are such ********."
    Well said.

Not only that, I get the feeling most the whiners must not be playing too many games, because overall UT is one of the LEAST buggy game releases I've seen in quite some time...

Comment

Originally posted by comb0KING
      you are blatant idiot. please excuse yourself from this forum.. it's already bad enough and then you had to pretend to think.

stfu.
      Yes, a very mature and well constructed response. I expected nothing less given your original post - you know, the one that reeked of pure class, and didnt at all sound like a whinging kid.

Comment

sorry but in all seriousness, there ARE VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY FEW consumer products that do not atleast carry a 1 year warrenty.... i'd expect people to atleast THINK before talking, even though it might not be 'right', atleast you're using your brain.

biglee obviously did not.

UT2k4 has had many features NOT WORK. Support is REQUIRED.

Epic is fixing the right passenger-side door light when they really need to be paying attention to the slipping transmission and ticking valves.

gg.
        My god - more of your drivel. Show me the "one year guarantee" that came with UT - oh wait, you can't, therefore even that straw grasp is invalid.

Believe me, I think long and hard before replying to such idiotic posts. Im sure epic are sorry that one rocket in 1000 that you think hits doesnt appear to register on your comp whilst playing online. Reread your original post - there was not one valid complaint worthy of Epic's attention.

Now, I kept it civil(ish), whereas you got personal. Way to hide behind the world-wide interweb thingie, big man! Im sure your mummy's proud.

Comment

I'm sorry, but anyone who claims that UT2004 is bugfree is a complete idiot.

I am currently unable to play the game on my new computer due to a severe bug that has not been fixed since the game has been released. I also had another serious bug, which caused my computer to bluescreen and restart when the game exited (ie: it'd bluescreen and restart in the middle of a match). I fixed that with a workaround, but that's not the point. Gamers should NOT have to **** around with their system settings to get a game to work properly.

I highly doubt Epic even LOOK in the troubleshooting forums. If they did, they'd see a great deal of unsolved problems that are preventing people playing the game.

As for me, I'm back to playing UT until this bug is fixed. Meh, UT is better anyway. *ignites flamewar*

Why am I so ****** off about this? I dunno, it might have something to do with the fact that I am UNABLE to play the game. The game which I PAID for and spent a great deal on hardware that can play it properly. The lack of support from Epic is appalling.

Comment

most problems I've noticed from a lot of people are limited to their computer only and is usually a driver or hardware conflict...these problems are nearly impossible to fix as they are impossible to duplicate on a variety of systems...

and ut2k4 is probably the most supported game on the market right now...free content in the form of maps...vehicles and so on is rare for any other game...a good amount of patches released that fix a variety of problems...and updates to mod tools such as the editor and adding impersonator support is pretty big too...epic supports their game extremely well and certainly doing everything they can to make it more popular and fun...they most likely read your posts...but almost all of them are in the form of all caps lock...tons of swear words and other stuff that doesn't warrant a rational response from anyone...except for a moderator that does their job and gives out wl's that I swear some people strive to get...

Comment

Re: Who? What? Where? Why? & How?

... is the deck17 surrounding lava border still buggy?
              It is not. You only have to get to the border, look UP and press jump.

Comment

I wouldn't be concerned about this problem if it was my computer only. But it isn't. It would seem to be something to do with SP2 and a hardware/software factor, and UT2004 throwing a fit- something which IS able to be patched. I'm going to give other Unreal Engine games a go to see if it's isolated to UT2004 or a problem with the entire engine.

Comment

@discord... I call BS on the "bandwidth" issue that they pass it off as, considering I have seen this happen on a lan

It has nothing to do with ping/tickerate or any of those lame duck ecuses. I have seen it online (and I have a good comp on a good connect) and I have seen it on lan.

Comment

Originally posted by S.2
                    If I buy a house from you, and you claim it has working plumbing, but it doesn't. That's illegal right there.

I always get a real kick out of the people who compare 40 dollar videogame purchases to things like home purchases, car purchases, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by squoibymox
                      I always get a real kick out of the people who compare 40 dollar videogame purchases to things like home purchases, car purchases, etc...
                      maybe you have no problem paying for goods not delivered, I do...

but you can go through life taking one in the pooper and saying "hey atleast its fun", and I'll go through life making sure I get what I paid for.

Comment

Originally posted by S.2
                        @discord... I call BS on the "bandwidth" issue that they pass it off as, considering I have seen this happen on a lan

It has nothing to do with ping/tickerate or any of those lame duck ecuses. I have seen it online (and I have a good comp on a good connect) and I have seen it on lan.
                        OK, you're right. It's not because rockets/ flak shells are handled via serverside prediction rather than actual real- time tracking of the projectiles. And the fact that the default maxtickrate for UT2k4 servers is 20 as compared with 50- 80 FPS on your machine (assuming typical competitive GFX settings) certainly hasn't a thing to do with it...

No, it's a BUG. A big, ugly, bug- powder snortin' bug which Epic has known about since the very beginning of UT2k3 production and which they maliciously refuse to fix, simply so they can have a good laugh at your expense. I can just see Cliffy now... "Pfft. Hey Joe, c'mere have a look. They're on about the rox/ flak thing again, BWAAAAHAHAHAHA -- owned."

And why do they do this? Simple: the reptilian aliens told the Pope to make them do that via the transmitter in his 3rd right molar. :alien:

OK, so I'm having a little sport with you -- but seriously, they've explained that again and again 'til they were blue in the face. What, you think they're lying to you? If it's not that, then what? Why are the rox and flak misbehaving?

Comment

Originally posted by S.2
                          maybe you have no problem paying for goods not delivered, I do...

but you can go through life taking one in the pooper and saying "hey atleast its fun", and I'll go through life making sure I get what I paid for.
                          As far as I'm concerned I got what I paid for when I bought UT2004, and then some...

Are there minor bugs? Sure - that's a fact of software that will never go away.

But there are ZERO "showstopper" bugs as far as I'm concerned, indeed, there aren't even any CLOSE to it.

I could sit here and make a list of games that are WAY more problematic, but forget it...

Comment

Working...
                          X