Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who? What? Where? Why? & How?

Who?

... in the hell is Epic to say that 'we are not going to fix the most important bugs' b/c of "bandwidth issues". i think gamers should decide that one. we adapt to limitations when we're hooked, but we don't adapt to ****.
    ... in the hell is in charge of PR and why is he not more active? Gamers demand communication from their developers. Especially in a competitive market where companies like Valve & Blizzard have handed gamers the 'inside' scoop & support on a silver platter. Patches arrive almost daily as does news.

What('s)?

... in store for UT05/06? How much influence will, tongue-n-cheek, ProU vs INA have in the development of the game? Are you going to concept-test your idea BEFORE you begin development, or in teh final stages of beta polishing?

Where?

... in the hell are teh community spokespeople? You have enough forum regulars to develop communal positions that relay Epic information to teh community. Please use and abuse. They are 'working' for free now... free games and a few bucks would do your community favoritism alot of good. As of now, public support for Epic Game is draining. But don't take my word for it...

Why?

... does the flack and rl bug still exist?
    ... is the deck17 surrounding lava border still buggy?
    ... are shots not registered? invisible? or simply, not hitting the target when it's CLEARLY on? and...
    ... do some LG shots hit your opponent when your cursor is blatently not on them?
    ... is there such a huge deviation between a 30ping and 60ping?
    ... is splash damage such a random crock of bullsh|t?

How?

... do you intend to respond to these honest concerns?
    ... are you going to amass a following to overcome Painkiller in World Tour #2?
    ... are you going to kill ONS? Currently, given the small slice of community you aquire in relation to games like CS, you do not have teh following... especially competitively... to put ONS in CPL contention. It's far to difficult to bring a 7-10 player team assuming they bring reserves and coaches.
    ... are you going to improve community relations? you need spokes people FROM The community. Tehy people that truely love your game, not the ones that get paid to love it.

note Before anyone flames me, please hit the search button so you can see -- over the course of ~2 years -- how i've supported the Epic team almost fanboy-like.

but alas as I wait in yerning, quad jump is fixed in the latest patch. :up: :up:

K

Comment

when?

Comment

HA ig works i dont care about the rest of the game

Comment

heh. i been deciding back and forth for 10 minutes, if i should take the effort to share my thoughts on theese points or not.

i decided against it. it doesnt make a difference anyways.
          INA is not capable of handling serious debates about the gamedesign. people put you in a folder when u lay down some constructive negative critic on the game.

i love the game, but it has flaws. and there have been movements from both, epic and atari which i consider/ed aiming in a wrong direction, and actually i do believe that epic is aiming further in that direction for the future and it scares me a bit, because i see the franchise, that once gave me, and still gives me soo much- fading away. turning its back on me.

Comment

Re: Who? What? Where? Why? & How?

Originally posted by comb0KING
            ... are you going to amass a following to overcome Painkiller in World Tour #2?
            Now as to the bugs, yeah, it would be nice if they got fixed. As a casual player I'm probably less concerned about it than you... and UT2k4 is enough of a bandwidth hog already, IMO. Just IMO.

But I just checked CSports, and currently there are all of 32 painkiller players online right now. Compare that with 2500 or 5000 (gamespy) for UT2k4.

32 whole people. Wow. And they say this game is dead...

I don't mean to flame here, but rather to debate: I really don't think that the CPL tour did for PK what you think it will do for UT2k4, I just don't. I think a lot of you competitive players may be barking up the wrong tree entirely on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by GuntiNDDS
              i decided against it. it doesnt make a difference anyways.
              INA is not capable of handling serious debates about the gamedesign. people put you in a folder when u lay down some constructive negative critic on the game.
              I really don't think that's true, at least not from everyone. It goes both ways. Some people can actually tell you they don't agree with insulting you. I happen to like the game as it stands. Some don't. I do agree however that it doesn't seem like the folks who made and published the game aren't paying a hell of a lot of attention either way, which is a little sad.

I know they are busy with future products, but it would be so nice to have someone from epic and or atari pop in here once a day or so and get involved in some of the threads.

Then again, some of the folks around here discourage that.

Comment

... is the deck17 surrounding lava border still buggy?
                That would require replacing the map. Which Epic doesn't do in patches since it would make patch size a good chunk larger and not everyone patches right away(or at all) and would result in some players recieving a mismatch

Comment

Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
                  I really don't think that's true, at least not from everyone. It goes both ways. Some people can actually tell you they don't agree with insulting you. I happen to like the game as it stands. Some don't. I do agree however that it doesn't seem like the folks who made and published the game aren't paying a hell of a lot of attention either way, which is a little sad.

I know they are busy with future products, but it would be so nice to have someone from epic and or atari pop in here once a day or so and get involved in some of the threads.

Then again, some of the folks around here discourage that.
                  They do pop in several times a day and get involved in threads.

They lock and give out WL's

Comment

Originally posted by slipster
                    HA ig works i dont care about the rest of the game
                    i couldnt have sayd it better my friend +1

Comment

I'm an unreal fanboi myself and I must admit the developer (with lack of a better word) interaction is a little off. The last patch had a couple neat fixes in it, but I still have this "waiting for the patch" feeling.

Whats up Epic! Working on the next engine mostly?

That said, there arent really any game breaking bugs in for me. The invisible projectiles thing and such happens so rarely to me that it's hardly an issue.
                      Vehicle/player collision I think is the most annoying fixable thing right now. How you can stand on an almost non-moving enemy goliath and suddenly just implode because the turret intersected with you a little bit.

Comment

As for Where?

They are here, but only for Modders.
                        There is a modders forum, which only modders are allowed.
                        No **** questions like this!

I guess because of your reaction and comments is the reason why they don't post public. I don't think epic can support every person attempting to make a MOD or MAP, that's asking a little too much for a small team dedicated workers.

The techs are here, and we are here to provide you with support.
                        So if you have a tech question, simply ask, you'll be surprised!

Modder Forum user!
                        Before anyone ask, no I can't invite you, I'm only a user.

Comment

Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
                          The only time I've seen them show up was to play forum police & dole out WL points. Community involvement has dropped off the radar in the past year or so.

Comment

Why?
                            ... does the flack and rl bug still exist?
                            What's the flack and rl bug?

Comment

Originally posted by [TNA] GODS3ND
                              The only time I've seen them show up was to play forum police & dole out WL points. Community involvement has dropped off the radar in the past year or so.
                              Agreed...

There was a time when you could rely on almost DAILY replies to questions and concerns regarding the game at this forum... Now the only way to see an Epic avatar is to break a forum rule.

Sometimes Epic doesn't always tell us what we want to hear regarding the game... But that is 100X better than to just stop communicating all together.

Comment

Working...
                              X