This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Best thing you can do Is to prove that you got other stuff to do than playing video games , I dont think your parents mind your grades so much they mind that after coming home from whatever school , you go sitting infront of your pc , try ... I dunno go watch tv , go out with your friend more often study more , if you do somethin diffrent for 2 hours a day than playing video games ( like 1 hour study , 1 hour go play basket ball ) . One more thing : NEVER ask your parents : " please mum . I just wanna play for 30 minutes " . Do what I said for like 1 month than ask . Is it that your parents said youre not allowed to play , or they took your pc . If your really keen on playing a bit . Wake up at 6am and play a bit . Do that only for 2x times a week max only thou and 30 minutes that one day .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Owoc
    "C" is a bad grade? I mean, is it right that A is the highest, then B, then C, right? So C is a good grade... I wish this wouldn't be true, so sad man... :down:
    Time was, a 'C' was average. And most students in a class would have Cs. But nowadays, with grade inflation, every **** & Jane is expected to get A's. The standard bell curve distribution has been distorted horribly.

C's are the new F's

I hate to think what would have happened to my grades in college if something like UT had been around. Yeah, I know it's on the individual to manage priorities and I'm all for personal responsibility, but sometimes limiting distractions is easier than prioritising work & play.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you want bored? i fell asleep during the **** test! I swear those 2 page reading selections are boring on purpose!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by «ßîc»$l@c|<er
    2170? thats REALLY good lol :bulb:
    lol... overall I found it broingly easy.

however, I think I need to figure out a way to be less bored next time - it almost certainly affected my mark.:noob:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    BTW i got a 9/12 on the essay because i fell asleep halfway through it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    2170? thats REALLY good lol :bulb:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    meh, i got a 1920, and most of the people i know got in the 1700's, im shooting for 2000 on my last try.
    Wow... I guess I'm a little bit out of perspective then:

My best friend got 1500/1600 (old) and was fairly disappointed - this was his first, and he took it at the beginning of grade 10. Another friend got 1540/1600 and was sorta indifferent. :weird:

i got 2170 on the new one (11/12 on the essay)... and thought i did just ok. i am probably gonna go for 2220-2250ish - w/e, i have 2 more years to do it. (just finished grade 10)

On the upside, at least my parents don't take my computer... *puts hands protectively around the tower*

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Why do you parents even look at your report card? I never showed my parents even one report card. I don't see how it is their business...

I don't agree with that statement that was made earlier, that it is their house so their rules. You never asked to be born, they are the ones who jumped into bed and got pregnant, without your permission, so that gives you every right to do whatever you want. I've told this to my parents face and they agree with me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow this is the second thread that had been replied to around a year after it was started.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Your parents realize that a C in Honors English is equal to a B because of the fact that it is a weighted course, right?

Someone may have said that already, but there is no way in hell Im reading this whole thread to find out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    how old are you? (soz i havent read entire thread....but tiring on the eyes, laptop screen has weird brightness settings).

Anyhow, If you are above 20 (or 20ish) then tell them to get ****ed. Seriously. YOUR comp (your money right?), Unless the grade was phenomenally low (D/E/F equivilant) then it shouldnt matter, it should be viewed as a warning - work harder or fail.

When they go out, you can always grab your monitor back, or jsut borrow a friends, and hide it, or just get an el cheapo off ebay or whatever.

holy thread bump batman!
    ROFLMFAO.

Da Spadger es teh funni

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Don't colleges just readjust the score? It's just 1.5 times more. Adjusting my score makes it exactly the same as «ßîc»$l@c|<er -- 1920.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by marshdabeachy
    What is that, the SAT II? I scored a 1280 on the original SAT.
    The new SAT is scored out of 2400.
    Why is it that they change the test THIS year? Now my 1600 on the old one is basically useless at several colleges I was considering.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i used to get really bad grades, like 2 years ago i was a striaght F student. this last year, i got my grades up to c's and b's. i used to get grounded from going anywhere, having people over, and from the computer, so i was stucking playing the xbox or watching tv.

parents can be so **** harsh when it comes to your grades.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    meh, i got a 1920, and most of the people i know got in the 1700's, im shooting for 2000 on my last try.
    What is that, the SAT II? I scored a 1280 on the original SAT.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X