Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey placebo on the back of the flat panel you know theres a hole where the cord goes thru(the back support leg of the ciname display u can put a chain thru that hole and chain it to ur G5. (This is assuming u hav a apple studio display lcd)

I have a C in honor english btw, thing is, are teacher is hell-bent on failing us.

u "can" hook up ur G5 to ur TV with a little accesory

but really that has to be the worst ever. just another reason i sleep with my door deadbolted and locked

Im praying for the little display, i hope hes not scratched, if he is ill :cry:

Comment

Im not from the USA, but i think that if he was doing good, then fails once(i dont know if C is failing), it shouldnt matter, i mean, you cant be perfect.

Im at Uni, Architecture, and here in this tipe of career the grades you get IMO mean nothing, because is not like my design is bad or something, its just a matter of opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by KCP

Im praying for the little display, i hope hes not scratched, if he is ill :cry:
        Actually, it's right behind me on a desk as I use my dad's G4. But if I take it back to my room, that'll be yet another bit of social strife.

Comment

Come on! One C? Not the end of the world

A* BBBB B C C CC CC D - GCSE
          Predicted A CB D - A Level

Pff and I dont do ****

Sometimes its weird how those who do a **** load are worse off isent it?

Comment

Eh, I'm just going to do well in English this term, and that's that. But in the meantime, it really SUCKS not having a decent computer to work on.

Comment

Originally posted by placebo
              Also, I'd like to add (although this'll sound defensive): I don't have the greatest respect for my English teacher. She's a big fan of insubstantial writing that flows well but gives no information; I wrote a persuasive essay that was matter-of-fact and informative, and I got a 70. :down: Sure, I could've written a florally decorated essay, but I didn't want to, it's not my intention. Interpret this as you will.
              Bad Flak. I was ready to jump on you and tell you your parents are probably right and you're spending too much time on the computer.

Obviously though, you are probably correct about your teacher and I admire the way you are able to state your case without sounding like you're a whiny brat who didn't get his way. Go back to your parents and tell them this. Hell, write them a report. Show them you're not talking out of your *** trying to get what you want and that your skills warrant a much higher grade.

Your parents are **** lucky.

Comment

I like how it always has to be the students fault for getting a so-so grade. When i try to tell my parents that the teachers are the ones who aren't teaching and/or grading things totally right. For instance there is one teacher in my school who takes points off your grade if you don't talk to her baby dolls that are around her room:bulb: . She certainly isn't fit to teach yet she does and the school doesn't bother to notice.
                On another note in my high school they are starting to cycle the vocational classes out, such as Graphic Communications, Photography, Autobody, and cycle in and put more focus on academic classes. I highly disagree with this basically because these vocational classes can give a skill in a profession that can earn money while you are a student and even after college/high school. Even my math teacher says (and this is a quote) " half the sh*t you learn in school you don't need and won't remember after college".
                As for a C my science teacher says thats a good grade in his class, but he tells us he give us college level work so thats a little different.
                anyways just thought i'd vent/share my mind.

Comment

I wish I could go back in time to tell myself to get lower grades in the beginning. That way getting good grades in High School would actually mean something to my parents, instead of being told that's not an A+.

Comment

My folks never took away the paper TTY I got to use at school in the 70's.

Dicky B (then again, I got pretty good grades, even though I was out Doin' Crimes as much as possible.. go figure..)

Comment

My parents are really happy for me if I manage to get a C, it's average and its a pass. If I manage to get an A in something, they're jumping all over me in exitment that I achieved an A, which doesn't happen too often.
                      But if I get a D, or an E, which is normal for me for Maths :sour: the computer is the first thing they think about taking away from me. They make threats, but it never happens, i've never had the computer taken away from me, ever. I think its probably because it's the family computer, and there is now way they can stop me from using it But my parents also understand that nobody is perfect, and a one off D usually doesn't matter too much.

But yeah, in Australia, a C is still pretty good, a D is s*it though. I'm pretty happy with my report card this year, I got one D, one A, and the rest C's and B's. Thats pretty good in my book.

Comment

lets all apply for the same job and see who gets it.
                        Who's the US president again?

Comment

Originally posted by Carinae
                          haha. lol
                          :haha: :up:

Comment

Originally posted by CWhatcott
                            You can complain all you want about school, but it seems like the only people who are whining about it are the ones who don't do well.
                            I did well, but I still think it's ********.

Comment

Originally posted by Carinae
                              DOH!!!

Comment

you people are lucky my mom isnt happy with anything less then 90%

Comment

Working...
                                X