Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh my G5 and monitor are locked to my desk. Keyboard i haev spares. let alone my keyboard is on a slideing thingy which has to eb unlokced. My parents arent taking away my $4000 dollar G5 that I BOUGHT away. i feel bd for you placebo, i know id kill myself without my G5.

Lets take a minute of silence for placebo and his lonely G5.

Comment

Its funny how many people blame the parents for taking it away yet if he was doing something illegal they would wonder where the parents were at?

Simple. Your parents set the standards and you didn't meet them. In response they punished you how they saw fit.

Action---Consequence.

Way to solve the problem. Fix your grades and as soon as you feel like taking care of yourself move out and do it. If you are still living under their roof it is their rules. That still applies at 8 and 80. It is their house.

Comment

Originally posted by sasuke-kun
        BTW you can get paid for knowing PHP
        this is SO true, i know lots of ppl that pay the bills by doing PHP jobs over the internet not just PHP but also html/asp/css etcetera . . . i make my money as a web designer which i do at home, i tought myself using my computer and i wish i knew some PHP cause then i could charge even more for coding, atm i can easily make around $15/hour for something i can just do when im bored at home, i dont see nothing wrong with that

i do understand what your trying to say CWhatcott about him letting his standards slip but i just don't see how taking away the one thing that could make them better is gunna do to help

Comment

Originally posted by Uber_olafsun
          Its funny how many people blame the parents for taking it away yet if he was doing something illegal they would wonder where the parents were at?

Simple. Your parents set the standards and you didn't meet them. In response they punished you how they saw fit.

Action---Consequence.

Way to solve the problem. Fix your grades and as soon as you feel like taking care of yourself move out and do it. If you are still living under their roof it is their rules. That still applies at 8 and 80. It is their house.
          Or lock up your G5 like me :noob:

Comment

Originally posted by CWhatcott
            sasuke-kun.... don't even start with me buddy. You obviously have no idea what it really takes to make it in the real world.
            Right, keep studying champ, if you ever stop you will be a complete failure in the world, worthless to everyone. Personally I don't wanna follow the Live-Work-Die process, but if you are into that kinda stuff go for it. Anyways, placebo didn't do anything wrong, and he definately didn't deserve to get his computer ganked.

btw I think Marzer sees where i'm going with this.

I have incredibly smart friends who have no idea of a social life, i'm sure they will make big bucks crunching numbers, but they are gonna have a hard time making real connections with friends and spouses.

That's not for me.

Comment

Not to bet on either side I'd just note here that with big bucks in hand the friends and spouses angle has a tendency to take care of itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Uber_olafsun

Action---Consequence.

Well put.

And as for everyone else who has brushed off this school business as nothing but **** and a waste of time... lets all apply for the same job and see who gets it.

You can complain all you want about school, but it seems like the only people who are whining about it are the ones who don't do well. Natural human response. It you can't do it then its really not important, right?

$15 an hour?! WOW! Its funny that a degree can get you double or triple that...

Comment

It's really, actually not that funny.

Comment

Originally posted by sasuke-kun
                    Who says he wasn't managing his life and gaming? He made a C and his parents freaked out like a buncha morons. He didn't even come close to failing. kthx
                    A C is failing in High School.

Comment

Not here.

Comment

Originally posted by Distortional
                        Not here.
                        We're not talking about you. So why does it matter what a C is for you? Get placebo in here to tell us what a C really means.

Comment

Originally posted by c9h13no3
                          A C is failing in High School.
                          From what I have seen

A= Exceptional student
                          B= Above average
                          C= Average
                          D= Below average but still passes
                          F= Fail

Comment

I just realized that I'm probably arguing with 15 year olds (age or maturity level). I think I will retire... I hope some of you come to your senses.

Comment

since the age of about 14 (i'm now 19) they haven't really had a say in what goes in my computer buying ventures, they just marvel at how i've set up a wireless network so they can get the hell off this one and use a lappy downstairs, in the front room :up: now everyones happy

Comment

Even though I may have taken a more strategic approach other than stealing the computer away in the middle of the night (ie. raising holy hell then moving the computer out into the living room with no games on it untill the grades came up)

But in the end, GG parents :up:

Comment

Working...
                                X