Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firstoff, it's MY computer. Through and through, MINE. All MINE. I bought it, I set it up, I use it.

Second, the monitor got abducted while I was sleeping. So much for parental trust (in both directions).
    This lead to some excercises in EXTREME leetness. I managed to open iTunes, start playing some music, and then open a French paper I had previously typed, and print it. And then I made a new document for History, and typed that too. With minimal spelling mistakes too. Very proud of myself.

But then my parents took my KEYBOARD. HOW DEPRAVED CAN YOU GET? It's not like I was playing games without my screen, so I can't AT LEAST TYPE MY HOMEWORK, BLIND, with my keyboard? WTF.

AND I've been wanting to learn PHP for a long time, and now I can't fool around with the tutorials, since I have no comp to do it on.

(these posts are being made from the mentally-handicapped comps in my study hall)

Comment

I dont understand the trip with some parents, there are druggies, whores, every imaginable type of person going to a high school, and for some people their parents get ****** off because they play too many video games, LOL, while your classmates are out stealing cars.

...and btw, where I come from a C is good enough, especially in an honors class, not that you want to limit yourself to that, but it shouldn't be viewed as bad, just as something you should try harder in, not like you failed or anything.

Comment

Re: teh bad grade + teh parents = teh no computar

Originally posted by placebo
        I got my interim report card from my school, and among A- and B+
        grades, a single 'C' in my Honors English brought my parent's wrath down upon me. No computer until mid-January, and even then it's a draw about whether I get it back.

To begin with, WTF. Why the computer? Why is that their first target? WHYYYY?

The thing that sucks most is that if I do get a high grade in English, my parents will take it as proof that their strategy worked.

Bah. And the whole 'no UT2004 for 2 months' thing sucks.

And for the love of god, don't side with my parents.
        :sour:

So when you're playing UT2004, put some flak in someone's *** for me. :heart:
        when i was younger i allways made sure my parents interpreted what i did on the computer being PROGRAMMING and not GAMING.
        even so, that wasnt very hard as i did indeed alot of programming and well, my parents wouldnt have been able to see the difference either.

Just try to make a connection between your math-grade and your computer within your parents brain.

Comment

They're good parents if they take away your mac.

Comment

Back when I was a wee lad, I got them to give the comp back by ******* them off every night until we went to a therapist. The shrink told my 'rents "when your child hits 18, you just have to let them go". Never had a problem after that .

Comment

PlacebOWNED

lol @ parents, i love how naive they are

Comment

I've gotta respond to this nonsense...

What's more important? Getting good grades now or ****ing around with PHP and playing games? If you can't manage your priorities to do both, then your parents have done the right thing by managing them for you.

Get your grades up and THEN learn PHP. Trust me, you'll have plenty of chances to **** around later.

Comment

Who says he wasn't managing his life and gaming? He made a C and his parents freaked out like a buncha morons. He didn't even come close to failing. kthx

Comment

Well your parents are messing you over so be sure to tell them I said so.

Comment

Ok here's what you do. Take up a sport, get one of your mates to pretend he's your new boyfriend and you met him at one of the meets. Basically do something that'll shock your parents so much they'll much prefer you had a computer to sit at.

Done correctly and with thought, this will work. They'll be begging to give you back your PC.

Comment

If it's your computer tell them to **** off.

They migt take away your internet instead because i'm assuming they pay for that, but it's better than nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by sasuke-kun
                          Who says he wasn't managing his life and gaming? He made a C and his parents freaked out like a buncha morons. He didn't even come close to failing. kthx
                          He's obviously smart enough to do better than a C if he's enrolled in an honors class. Where I come from, a C is completely unacceptable if you are capable of getting an A. I have earned a C in ONE class my entire life... and I am one semester away from my BS in Computer Science. (I got excellent grades in classes like Calculus 1 and 2 among others).

Of course I'm bragging (and why shouldn't I? I've worked HARD). But I want this kid to realize that education is FAR more important than PHP or knowing UnrealEd.

Who are you gonna hire? A guy who can create levels in a game and knows PHP... or someone with a BS degree with a high GPA throughout their education? Think about it...

Comment

Grades don't mean jack by themselves. I made all kinds of great grades in school if you want a good example of that.

Comment

Originally posted by CWhatcott
                              I've gotta respond to this nonsense...

What's more important? Getting good grades now or ****ing around with PHP and playing games? If you can't manage your priorities to do both, then your parents have done the right thing by managing them for you.

Get your grades up and THEN learn PHP. Trust me, you'll have plenty of chances to **** around later.
                              sorry but thats stupid, what if he wanted to go on to become a web programmer or something related? its best to start learning before you go off to uni cause you will learn more on your own anyway and have a better understanding of it when the time comes

i dunno where he is from but here in the UK grades are useless anyway

Comment

I see that a lot of you guys have your heads way up in the clouds. This isn't about the future. Its about an unacceptable grade RIGHT NOW.

Fix it and move on.

Comment

Working...
                                X