Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I suppose I'll just have to live with it.

Comment

Can't you at least play on weekends? I understand that school is important, but this is a bit too hard. :weird:

Comment

I think school is important. The main point is that he didn't do very well in only one class, which was also an honors class, and the grade wasn't that horrible.

Comment

Well in the end its your parents call if they think that your gaming has effected your grades. And you seem to still have access to computers and the internet, so you can still study with them. Learn what ever compter progs etc that you wish. So in the end its not really a big deal, its a few months out of a most likely a very long life.

Yes some parents can be freaky about their childrens progress in life, but in the end it is USUALLY (some are just over driven and to hard on their children) because they want to see their kids make a great life for themselfs and be succesful.

And to the person that was saying his dad went through his puters history etc, thats great. I fully plan on being proactive with my kids by learning with them and helping them learn what ever it is they are doing. And for the times I am not around to help, you can be **** sure from time to time, I will have a snoop to see what they were up too. Granted kids will be kids and need time to them selves to let off steam and play games and be idiots, thats the bonus of being a kid

Is school the be all end all in life (NO), is it absolutly meaninless hell no. A good education can help you out in many areas of life. Or you can get lucky and make a **** good living off talents that you pick up in your spare / entertainment time (puters, web design, programing or what ever).

Sometimes its hard when your young and just think man my parents are idiots, (even when sometimes they are) you just have to cut them some slack, and find a middle ground with them. I mean you could always try to logically explain your case once they have cooled down and cut deals. Like ya sorry I have let things slide this term and put my entertainment and down time before household responsibilities and education. I know that is important to you, as is my computer gaming and computer knowledge. Maybe can we set x amount of time for me to be a kid and do these things once I have completed my X responsibilities, and see where my grades sit. They may go for it, or they may say screw that as they see what they are doing as a punishment etc.

I personally would have tried to find a middle ground with my kids, as I do remember being one. And in the end all parents were once kids too, sometimes we just lose sight of what being a kid can be like (and and not always understand some of the changes that have occurred in a kids world with technology etc). Where on the other end most kids have never had to walk in their parents shoes and don't always understand what is involved in be a parent or what life can be like past school or being a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel_Mapper
            Grrrr.... Don't even get me started. I make a great living working in my dream career just knowing the "unimportant" UnrealEd. Nothing I did in High School or nuclear power school in the Navy prepared me for that. Just sitting my butt in front of a computer and turning my hobby into a job. With any luck I'll never have to go to college, working at sloooooooow paces and learning a bunch of useless information to get at the important stuff.
            How true. A job that you are succecssful at and make all kinds of $$$ is pointless if you hate it, many people that i know who study'd all thru high school and got good grades have high paying jobs and they hate every day of it, and i am in the High School Class of 2002. Have fun in high school, dont stress out. And as i said in my earlier post, tell them look, you taking away my computer has no bearing on my grades. Im gettin my grade back up because i want the computer back.

Hell its Honors English, tell them, "Well I could have been teh n00b and took n00b English but i tried to push my self, and take harder classes. GG me for taking hard classes."

Comment

Originally posted by Daspadger
              Can't you at least play on weekends? I understand that school is important, but this is a bit too hard. :weird:
              SKOOL IS IMPORTANT???!!! YOU SO SMART!!! YOU'RE WIINAR!!!!!

monkey.

Comment

"C" is a bad grade? I mean, is it right that A is the highest, then B, then C, right? So C is a good grade... I wish this wouldn't be true, so sad man... :down:

Comment

And what the * has this got to do with UT2004.
                  The fact you can't play is too bad, and for the record they are your parents.

! Please move this thread !

Comment

Last year I got 3 straight C's in a row taking Calculus I, II, and III. I usually get A's. Explanation: Teacher sucked. I had the same guy all 3 quarters. The way he teached sucked, the tests sucked, etc.. Even the grading scaling sucked. 83% was a C. I hate being held to a different standard than other people who are taking the same material.

Sure, I could have spent 3 hours a night studying and come out with a B. But I didn't. Now what am I doing? I'm making $45/hr doing Flash freelance work. Something I love, which I took NO classes on. Completely self taught, completely on my OWN computer. And damnit, I'm only 21. So all you bookworms who think you need straight A's to make decent money can kindly...

{ponders whether such statement is worth the resulting WL}

...leave this thread.

Comment

That's where I'm currently looking for a future job: freelance webauth. I love webdesign, I'm practicing it on the side, I've done a few small jobs, and that's really where I want to go.

Comment

It got confiscated again last week. For the summer.

I was just about to start PHP as well.

Comment

Re: teh bad grade + teh parents = teh no computar

Originally posted by placebo
                          To begin with, WTF. Why the computer? Why is that their first target? WHYYYY?
                          because you play too much of it... that simple, next time try not to look so intrested in it all time you nerd :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by placebo
                            It got confiscated again last week. For the summer.

I was just about to start PHP as well.
                            What was it this time... final grades come in?

Comment

****. Sorry for you.

Comment

Holy thread bump batman! :bulb:

Comment

Working...
                                X