• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The right to bear arms...

Comment

-

Comment

Originally posted by -Loric-
        What's best for you? Studying or playing? Which one will make you able to get to HighSchool/College/Whatever it is called around you and get teh mighty diploma that may enable you to get a job?
        To be honest, and not to brag, but I cannot stand learning at secondary education levels. That dosen't categorize me as "smart", but I can't stand how slow I'm being taught. Being on the PC helps me work at the rapid pace I need.

Comment

Originally posted by CWhatcott
          Of course I'm bragging (and why shouldn't I? I've worked HARD). But I want this kid to realize that education is FAR more important than PHP or knowing UnrealEd.
          Grrrr.... Don't even get me started. I make a great living working in my dream career just knowing the "unimportant" UnrealEd. Nothing I did in High School or nuclear power school in the Navy prepared me for that. Just sitting my butt in front of a computer and turning my hobby into a job. With any luck I'll never have to go to college, working at sloooooooow paces and learning a bunch of useless information to get at the important stuff.

Comment

Tell your mom and dad that Team G5 needs you.
            Sorry Placebo, my condolences.

Comment

Just to say that there are at least 3 sides to the coin about Grades and stuff, here's another.

Friend of mine has a kid. Really bright kid. When he was 11, Duke, Cornell, and Johns Hopkins were trying to get him in right away. Kid is so smart, he decided not to, because he wanted to be a kid a while longer, and not do the Doogie Howser thing. Anyway.. Now the kid is 17, taking SATs (for those who aren't from here, those are university entrance exams). First one, he got a 1580 (out of 1600). He was ****** about it, and retook it. Got a lowly 1560 (yeah, sarcasm). Anyway, this kid is so obsessed with grades, it has affected his heart. So neurotic, his heartbeat is irregular for No Physical Reason That Can Be Determined. The kid passes out like a narcoleptic sometimes. He can't relax. So remember this example when you're stressing about grades, or anything else. Work hard, but remember to take time to chill. It's good for you.

Dicky B (and don't say he needs to get laid. It, apparently, hasn't helped him so far.)

Comment

Originally posted by placebo
                Thanks for all of the comments and the support, I've been having a bad week, but this thread is taking the edge off of it.

As for TheDeacon's post... :bulb:
                ..Still waiting for those pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel_Mapper
                  Grrrr.... Don't even get me started. I make a great living working in my dream career just knowing the "unimportant" UnrealEd. Nothing I did in High School or nuclear power school in the Navy prepared me for that. Just sitting my butt in front of a computer and turning my hobby into a job. With any luck I'll never have to go to college, working at sloooooooow paces and learning a bunch of useless information to get at the important stuff.
                  err yeah, I was in the navy... and if you were a good nuke (read ET nuke atleast E5) you can clear about 300k as a civilian.

As for me, I loved the navy... go crypto ( and I know nukes hate CT's)

Comment

Originally posted by S.2
                    err yeah, I was in the navy... and if you were a good nuke (read ET nuke atleast E5) you can clear about 300k as a civilian.
                    ...Working a job I hate.

Comment

nm

Comment

Haha, better not get any more WLs, S.2.

Comment

Sucks to be you placebo, when I was at school I would avg B-C and frankly I didn't care one little bit. I hated school and my parents knew that and understood. They would let me play games all I liked. They would try to encourage me to study, even took the keyboard away once. Well that didn't work I just started using the console, which was mine and they knew they couldn't take it off me, as my stuff = my stuff end of story.

I now avg A's at uni and have no problems going through uni and my computer gaming has taken me overseas 7 times, from France, America, Australia to Korea and even earned me sponsorship. So I'm pleased my parents didn't take anything off me and as many people have pointed out there is a lot worse things you could be doing, some parents need a reality check. I didn't read the whole thread but how old are you?

Comment

Whoa there kids, who edited my post? It... just... disappeared! And then I posted "nm." WTF? I guess Placebo knows my password. But... eh, I won't talk about it here. To the email!

Comment

What's my email address? I forgot, it was a passing thought, I didn't think that I'd need to remember it.

(the hotmail one)

Comment

What he said -- don't listen to the rest of these morons. Screw the puter for a few months and DO WHAT'S IMPORTANT.

Comment

Working...
                                X