X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

teh bad grade + teh parents = teh no computar

I got my interim report card from my school, and among A- and B+
    grades, a single 'C' in my Honors English brought my parent's wrath down upon me. No computer until mid-January, and even then it's a draw about whether I get it back.

To begin with, WTF. Why the computer? Why is that their first target? WHYYYY?

The thing that sucks most is that if I do get a high grade in English, my parents will take it as proof that their strategy worked.

Bah. And the whole 'no UT2004 for 2 months' thing sucks.

And for the love of god, don't side with my parents.
    :sour:

So when you're playing UT2004, own somebody for me. :heart:

Surely you require your computer to do 'research' and 'interactive learning' and such????

Though I suspect any bad English grades are down to reading this forum k? OMGWTFBBQ AHLOLS!!!

Comment

It depends how old you are:

5-10: Don't make me come up there

11-15: Shut up and get me a beer

16-18: I want you to start helping pay rent around here

19+: Get the hell out

Comment

OWNT.
        get a job, buy your own computer, then they cant *****.
        Also, inform them that you are only getting your grades up to get the computer back, their theory about no computer == good grades is flawed.

Comment

personally if my parents would've taken away my computer whenever I had a crappy grade (and believe me I always did)...I wouldn't know how to build and repair computers...wouldn't know how to make levels...wouldn't know how to use photoshop or 3ds max...because of being on the computer I found something that I'm good at and make a career out of it...though that's just me...

Comment

God bless the child that's got his own, is what they say

Comment

lol u mean u actually get told what to do by your parents

Comment

Give them their options, " I could either sit peacefully infront of the computer or be like other people in my age group and take up some extra 'hobbies' instead, i hear weed is good" , LMAO, they'll give that computer right back.

Comment

What's best for you? Studying or playing? Which one will make you able to get to HighSchool/College/Whatever it is called around you and get teh mighty diploma that may enable you to get a job?

Comment

Your parents are newb.

Comment

Originally posted by -Loric-
                      What's best for you? Studying or playing? Which one will make you able to get to HighSchool/College/Whatever it is called around you and get teh mighty diploma that may enable you to get a job?
                      well i have learnt ALOT more (for the kinda work im going for) from using my computer than i did in school and college and now imy home computer is my main source of income while im at college :up:

guess it depends what he does with it

Comment

Originally posted by ^vs^Bazza
                        lol u mean u actually get told what to do by your parents
                        yep some parents care about their children. sad thought isn't it...

i like overclocked response 'i hear weed is good' he he

Comment

...reminds me of the time my mum threw my TV out of the window :bulb:

My grades actually got better the longer i had a computer (and no not just in ICT related subjects) hell, 80% of my research was done with a computer

Comment

i had a similar situation where my parents STOLE my computer for a few weeks. so what i did was start STEALING their stuff to get them back. it didnt help much, heh. but my parents are insano, it might work with someone elses parents.

Comment

Originally posted by 0V3RC10CK3D
                              Give them their options, " I could either sit peacefully infront of the computer or be like other people in my age group and take up some extra 'hobbies' instead, i hear weed is good" , LMAO, they'll give that computer right back.
                              Thankyou . . .
                              Will use in future. Although, since me and my mum are on a LAN, she knows if she says i'm banned from it. I'll take control from there on her computer. Still gotta carry out that plan, the control one.

Comment

Working...
                              X