Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wich UT2k4 mod gives the best online experience ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wich UT2k4 mod gives the best online experience ?

I'm looking for cool mods to play since my xbox live subscription will be over soon . So , wich mod do you play ? And when I ask what is the best online experience , I mean are there a lot of gamers online ? I'm asking this because I've downloaded StrikeForce 2004 and I've only seen like 20 people max online ... That sucks...

Am I playing the wrong mod ? Tell me !

I highly recomend UTXMP, UT2004 total conversion, which is comming out December 10.

The reason is that it has very good online experience (it is existing game dead due to lack of support) + it will be as close to original as possible + it already has community waiting to play it.

This game combines experience of different games, and could be played in very different ways. It has high learning curve, so difference between newbie and experienced player is big.

You can think about UTXMP as 4 flag CTF (flags are called artifacts). There is a place to register stolen artifacts which works only if team has enough energy. To get energy you have to hack energy sources which once hacked suplies energy to owning team. There are vehicles, which are not too powerfull and quite easily destroyable, so campers cant use them for too long. Also player can choose to be one of 3 classes, each with different weapons and different skills. There are REAL mines which detonates only when someone steps on them or deployable auto turrets.

All this system may sound complicated, but if you are not afraid of chalenge, check out UTXMP when it comes out.

End of Ad

Comment

xmp is teh suck.

the real mod is red orchestra... by far the best hands down. It's a WW2 shooter than allot of gaming mags say is better than the actual game.

Comment

red orchestra is teh suck.

Comment

Originally posted by S.2
          xmp is teh suck.

the real mod is red orchestra... by far the best hands down. It's a WW2 shooter than allot of gaming mags say is better than the actual game.
          I agree. RO is the only reason I still have those 5 GB of UT on my hard drive (that gives me an idea *deletes all the maps). By far the best mod out there, still has a few bugs but fun as hell to play.

Originally posted by Nercury
          red orchestra is teh suck.
          stfu

Comment

lol ! Ok . UTXMP isn't out yet but what is the average of people playing RO on the server browser ?

Comment

Sorry guys, i dont want to say that red orchestra is bad game or something. Its probably good, i still havent checked it out. I just wanted to show how easy it is to post "<something> teh sucks".

Comment

i recomedn teh intarnet

Comment

intarnet is teh suck.

Comment

RO: Teh Suck
                    UTXMP: Teh Pwn

How do people get so involved in RO? It really isin't that cool. Drag the slowest, lamest gameplay out of a fast paced fps, remove the crosshiar, and add some SUPER ****ty vehicles, and you have RO 3.1.

UTXMP, even though I never played XMP, looks really promising, so it gets my attention. :up:

</rant>

Comment

I didn't really like FragOps. Then again, I like CSs, so feel free to ignore me.

(UT2K4-modwise, neoflame loves RO and plays it more than UT2K4. And looking forward to UTXMP.)

Comment

Originally posted by \/ÖÏ\/ÖÐ
                        lol ! Ok . UTXMP isn't out yet but what is the average of people playing RO on the server browser ?
                        XMP sucked, it was nothing more than a horde of people that had played it since beta with a "our game is the be all end all of everything, and nobody cheats" clowns that ran their own game into the ground... hell legend clossing had less to do with that game abysmal failure than the beta community did.

Give that its the same community it's going to tank horribly... Owned by its own community again.

The only reason XMP stood a chance in hell was that DM skills instantly went into it (ie all the super nuts players that came from DM and owned the betas).

They can resurect it again... and the same xmp community will play it, and the mod will tank again

:haha: :haha:

Comment

Originally posted by S.2
                          xmp is teh suck.

xmp was better way better than 2k4 imo
                          ro is great,but man,i cant handle wwII shooters

Comment

Originally posted by ³Þ`
                            i recomedn teh intarnet
                            The intelligence and the articulation of your answer are something to remember . It is simply amazing . Other than that , I'm speechless except that you'll have to wait a while utill you see a TheSimsHotHomoeroticDate mod for UT2k4 . Oh and my weed own yours so fauck off !

(back on topic)

Let's recapitulate . I just don't want to dl a mod , install it and find that no one play it . I'm a sheep : I follow .... :noob:

So what are the online mods where you can always find people to play with ( unlike StrikeForce and ShatteredOasis ) ?

Comment

Originally posted by Necromancer
                              xmp was better way better than 2k4 imo
                              ro is great,but man,i cant handle wwII shooters
                              I hate ww2 shooters as well, but this one is done well... I still have issues with it, but it's done well.

Comment

Working...
                              X