an "HUH?" moment i just got

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

an "HUH?" moment i just got

i was playing my daily amount of 1on1's today and had a really wierd situation not a big deal but kinda wierd.

i shot a shockball to a guy. U all know that if u block a shockball with shieldgun the ball bounces off.
    So the ball bounces off the other guys shieldgun onto the ground right before his feet and kills him.

now my guess would be the frag will be mine since i shot the shockball and he just blocks it (after he blocked it he
    dies cus of the same ball bouncing of his SG onto the ground), but guess what, it was a suicide.

:bulb: :weird:

wheres my jebus pic?

EDIT: here we go...

Comment

Thats because its not reflected at all ... a new ball is spawned with the owner of the shielgunner ... its bug

I've seen it hapening before

Comment

omgepicplzfix

I'm not being sarcastic.

Comment

what you have described is not a bug (this perfect game has no bugs and never has) it's a feature of the game.

Comment

i had a huh moment earlier, i was about to mow this dude down in my scorpion on the runup to the blue base in torlan. I minced the dude but then was transported to far above the middle tower (slightly towards the blue base) without my trusty scorpian.

It was like the skydiving in gta:sa, but i didnt have a parachute, so i left a puddle of blood and gibs on landing

Comment

"Dammit, that was MY shockcore!"

Comment

Hmm, I quess that when you deflect the ball with the shieldgun, it becomes 'yours' so to speak. Same if you combo someone elses ball, that combo is now 'yours' as well.

I wonder if you deflect a paladin shockball attack (it can be done apparently), that becomes 'yours' as well?

Comment

Originally posted by S.2
                  what you have described is not a bug (this perfect game has no bugs and never has) it's a feature of the game.
                  Yeah it's not a bug. (or at least in some situations it works out well)

I mean in another situation, if you deflect a shock core back towards the attacker and kill the attacker, it should count as you *killing* them, not as them committing suicide. (and that is how it is now...)

In the ShockProjectile code they explicitly spawn a new shock core and destroy the old one. The owner of the spawned projectile is "other":
                  Spawn(Class, Other,, HitLocation+RefDir*20, Rotator(RefDir));
                  (the person that reflected the shock core)

If they wanted to make the shock projectile remain the property of the original firer they should have just changed its velocity (the direction its moving in)

Comment

Originally posted by gades
                    ....I wonder if you deflect a paladin shockball attack (it can be done apparently), that becomes 'yours' as well?
                    I looked in OnslaughtBP\ONSShockTankProjectile and the class is a subclass of the shock core and when it is reflected the same thing happens... i.e. it would be destroyed and spawned with the reflecting guy as the "owner".

Comment

Originally posted by S.2
                      Since all you do here is putting down the game why don't stop playing it once and for all?

Comment

If he reflects the ball, it should be his. That way, if you shoot the shock ball and blow yourself up, it's his kill because he made you do it.

Comment

Working...
                        X