[OT] Need some br00tahmalk advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OT] Need some br00tahmalk advice.

Hello there. Could you please give me some advice on a new motherboard and/or processor.
    My proccy at the moment is only 1.5ghz. It is holding my computer back.
    If you suggest a motherboard bear in mind it MUST support SDRAM casue i have 1.25 gb off the stuff and i dont want to have to sell it and get DDR or some other.
    The price cannt be very high; whats a cheap price for a mobo, and whats expensive?

Thanks

plz

Comment

pretty please

Comment

What the **** is br00tahmalk

Comment

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't SDRAM work in DDR slots?

I'm currently using the Abit NF7-S, which I got for a bit over $100 a year ago. It's probably cheaper now, though I haven't looked. From my own experience, I can tell you it's a good board. It isn't bleeding edge though, so if you want the best of the best look elsewhere.

Comment

no, that seems to be what im looking for.

If SD works in DDR, thats great.

br00tahmalk is to make poeple look inside the thread

Comment

Originally posted by [FnG]Xen0n
              no, that seems to be what im looking for.

If SD works in DDR, thats great.

br00tahmalk is to make poeple look inside the thread

Normal SDRam won't even fit into a DDR slot, although DDR is a flavor of SDRam to begin with. You'll need a dual ram type motherboard. But I think that instead of your CPU it would be your ram holding you back.

SDRam is simply not of this time anymore.

My CPU runs at only 2 GHz on the core, but it's more, much more than enough to run anything I want on it. Because I have 2x 512 meg DDR400.

Comment

Yes several motherboards with DDRAM are backwards compatible to SDRAM. Keep in mind though this is a huge bottle neck in the system and you'll want to upgrade to DDR as soon as you can. There isn't much point to having a faster processor if its just sitting there idle waiting for data which most processors faster than your will be when paired with SDRAM. Keep in mind that a computer is only as fast as its slowest part.

Comment

k, thanks.

Any more suggestions for good Mobos?

Comment

Working...
                  X