Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by PeterPiper
    Wow reclaimer you became a lurker :O
    heh been to wrapped up in halo2

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by -=Reclaimer=-
    This is all to true, I have a friend currently working as a rook in a big game company, he is over worked and under paid sadly
    Wow reclaimer you became a lurker :O

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is all to true, I have a friend currently working as a rook in a big game company, he is over worked and under paid sadly

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
    Ok Dji, next time you post something debatable, I'll be sure to agree with you since you can't be "*****" to discuss it anyway.

You seem to think this is a personal attack on you.
    Thanks flak, that'll really help!

But really, there's little point in arguing when we are fundamentally opposed to each other's oppinions. If we did it'll just end up like all the other 'arguments' on here.

I oppose you (or you lot)
    You oppose me (or my lot)
    It goes off topic (See 'Nike Slaves' for an example)
    It turns nasty (<---We are here. You're suggesting I'm thinking this is personal)
    We call each other names
    Someone gets WL
    The thread gets closed.

our keyboards wear out during all of this. Neither person convinces the other as to the merits of our cases. Nothing changes.

So.. I can't be *****... /. have done plenty of debating already (and some of them are a LOT smarter than us, ARE in the industry, and CAN argue the points without it turning nasty) so I just refer everyone there rather than waste our time...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    tbh he should quit complaing, he prolly earns 10times more money in a year than most familes do :down:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    times like these you gota pity the poor mcdonalds worker

Leave a comment:

• replied
    wow, you are comparing someone who is forced to work in slave conditions, to someone who can leave whenever he sees fit? Come on now.

If this is such a big problem, then he should quit and find something else to fit his lifestyle more. He have to have known what he was signing up for when he took the job. If you work at McDonalds, you know going in that you'll be spattered with fry grease and make no money. If you would developing games, you know what is going to happen with it. With any job that involves a salary, you are working far harder then anyone working hourly and you know that also.

If he truely loves what he is doing, then there is no problem as he should be happy to do it. His wife however, has no place to go out and try to bash the company he works for. If she has a problem, then she needs to sit down with her husband and have a serious talk about their marrage and what they need to do to make things better.

As far as being unionised, i have been in a union and they do work. If that is something that people feel they need to do, then more power to them. But just a warning, don't complain that your favorite game won't be released on time because the devs can't work any more. And what would the gaming world do if there was a strike? OMG, the street would be overun with people that haven't seen the sun in a year.

No pun intended, but long and stressful hours are part of the game. If you don't like it, then leave. I work a job where i am on call 24-7. I get called into work at 3am often. Do i like it? No. But i do understand that it is part of that job, so i do it, without whining. And when it comes to the point that i no longer like my job, then i will find something else. Happyness is the key in this life, if you are not happy, find something that will make you so. That includes if you are a wife whos husband works for a company that demands a lot.

Off the topin at hand, why is it that you always seem to want to fight with everyone on these forums? In **** near every thread you try to incite some sort of war. This thread could have been a good one, where good discussion could have taken place. Now it will end up being closed by the first mod that sees it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok Dji, next time you post something debatable, I'll be sure to agree with you since you can't be "*****" to discuss it anyway.

You seem to think this is a personal attack on you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by M0rtus
    You compared the person to a Nike slave in Asia. I somehow doubt your average EA employee is a child, working their fingers to the bone for a pittance to save their starving younger siblings despite their own age whilst living in fear of the very diseases that already orphaned them

Your original post may stand, but the comparison was a pretty daft one.
    +1:up:
    I agree, daft post. I'm not the right one to try to defend this from the more quick-whitted flak, which is why I'm not going to bother. I ask that you go to http://games.slashdot.org/games/04/11/11/0031259.shtml and read the thoughts (both for and against) of those actually in the business, and who can articulate this with better examples than me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by djini_hades
    I wrote out a big old reply to you and Flak, Loric. But really, I can't be ***** to argue with you.

You think this guy is just being pathetic or this problem doesn't exist or something, fine...
    You compared the person to a Nike slave in Asia. I somehow doubt your average EA employee is a child, working their fingers to the bone for a pittance to save their starving younger siblings despite their own age whilst living in fear of the very diseases that already orphaned them

Your original post may stand, but the comparison was a pretty daft one.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by -Loric-
    That and their wages...
    I wrote out a big old reply to you and Flak, Loric. But really, I can't be ***** to argue with you.

You think this guy is just being pathetic or this problem doesn't exist or something, fine...

Edit. Sorry, just to add for everyone else. If you want to read a more sensible and level headed discusion about this (They allow funny too, but not stupid and troll posts) I might direct you to http://games.slashdot.org/games/04/11/11/0031259.shtml

This should provide you with enough information to establish it's validity or not.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The difference between them and the "nike slaves" is they dont have much of a choice.
    That and their wages...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    LOL

Yes, I am just so unsympathetic.

The difference between them and the "nike slaves" is they dont have much of a choice.

That's forced labor, this is not. He is free to go whenever he wants.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Its hardly a plight. They are working. If they don't like working there they are free to leave.
    Do you take a similar view to the 'Nike slaves' in Asia who make our trainers (Not that you wear Nike trainers - but you get my point) and World Cup footballs in sweat-shops for 10+ hours a day for pennies? Or the 'Dell IT call center employee' who earns 1/10 of an American IT support caller that got offshored creating this million-unemployed you can sympathise with?

As long as they are working, it's OK yes?

Just wanted to raise some awareness to the people who might complain because the date (promised by some manager/marketing team) to their latest game slipped because the developers had to pull 80 hour weeks for the last 6 months to come CLOSE, and then they complain because the code has bugs... That's all..

Cool Flak... Don't spare a thought for them... You've had to work hard in your life, so their problems are inconsequential.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It didn't work, people quoted you and I had to read your posts anyway.

Its hardly a plight. They are working. If they don't like working there they are free to leave. LOTS of people work 7 days a week. Its their choice. And like I said.. If its even true. Could just be a disgruntled ex employee getting his ya yas out or someone with a vendetta against ea.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X