UnTamed Tounges!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UnTamed Tounges!!!!!!!!

Now I am not well known on these boards. Mostly because I like to see evryones thoughts and This board is HUGE! Also I never play 2004 because i prefer 2003. I have decided to overcome my predispositions and give these boards a try.
    Back in 2003 Section 1 is known to be a skilled player that puts forth great effort to be friendly to all (even newbs because we all were once) Many days I a am taken back by the nice, and encourageing things that are said about me and to me:heart: UT is a special community for those of us that are kindred in the fragging sense. Alot of us UT players are hard working good people that like to spend a portion of of each day to relax and enjoy a therapudic frag fest. Frustration is common in these games and I understand that, and my following statements are not diricted to those of us who lose our temper once or twice.
    Finally my question. Why is it that some people just start **** and insult people for no reasson????? why is it when i am in a server owning all I get called a Noob??????What is the freaking point of Pi$$ing people off that have done you no wrong? last night I was harrassed by a member of a clan that I am very friendly with. Brutaly harrassed! I wouldn't even say the things he was typing to my wife.Why??? I get on very well with all in that clan I have been asked in in fact, though I will never Change my tag from {RoD}. To make it worse! he was under an alias.If it wasn't for another member of this clan telling him by his real name to "Take it easy Sections cool" I wouldn't have known who it was.I asked him politely several times what the problem was, and he responded to me as crassly (sp?) as he could. I stuck around for a bit longer to try to make peace and finaly said That I don't care enough to ask what the problem was again and to answer me now. He said "being demanding won't get you anything" and i asked him what Talking $h1Tt was getting him and left.
    The question I asked him swam around my brain for a bit that night and I decided to seek the answer. Hence here I am on this huge board looking for anwers from my kindred UT enthusiasts. just an ad on I went to a different server and for the first time on that server I was brutally (verbaly) attacked. WHY? Because I win???? I don't mean to sound arrogant with the I am skilled and I win stuff it is a sincere part of my questions. I have been told that i am one of the best, and I have to agree lol I also realize that 2003 is a much smaller pond than it used to be. I promise i am not a boaster when I play I am just trying to paint an accurate picture.
    I am not a Sissy hippy type or anything, but I do view online play as on oppertunity to either say things that help people have a good day, or a bad day. I always choose good. Why not? what is the point of pi$$ing people off?????????being nice to others has many rewards. in fact 1 of my clansmen who has always been cool to me ran into some problems and needed a car. So I gave him a pretty cool Couger for him and his family because He had helped me have alot of good days and I wanted to help him have a good day in return, and i had plenty of cars. (i am not rich btw) so he drove 900 mi with his buddy and picked it up. He tried to pay me with a very expensive whatch, but I couldn't take it........any way I have wandered as usual and my brief post is turning into a novel...sorry.........it was awesome to meet him btw
    So what is the point of being an A$$ I ask. I am sure you all will have some good input, so i say thanks in advance

Fraggingly,
    Section 1
    P.S. I understand that the game is rated M and i have nothing against trash talk and I think swearing is wicked fun!

Uhmm, wow. I read it all, but you might want to use paragraphs, and punctuation. Not to be a grammar-nazi or anything, but it's just much easier to get your point across when your punctuation and structure is atleast half existent.

Anyhow, people do stuff like that because people are stupid. Simple as that. ;/

Comment

You sound like a really cool guy.

The only answer I can give you is that there are morons on the internet. The majority of these people wouldn't have the nerve to say such things to people IRL, I suppose its just an attempt in prompting reactions from people, they must gain some weird entertainment from it. Its called cowardice, and its not worth your time, don't let it get to you

Comment

First off let me say that was a good read. Im happy you met a member from your clan in real life. I would like to meet an ex member of a clan someday.

On topic, I really dont understand why people do it. Although its not only online games this happens in. Its the same in every day society. People call others names just to **** them off. I really do not have an answer to your question though. It's probably just upbringing. I know kids who are more mature than adults.

I agree with csm, they probably enjoy the reaction they get from others. They probably gain entertainment from it. Most people would not have the balls to say these things to a person in presence. People feel safe behind there computers. If your in front of a huge person, why insult him? You will likely get your block knocked off.

Basically just try and blow it off. Especially if the person verbally assaulting you doesn't know you.

I agree you sound like a cool guy. Its really great you did something like that for somebody else. In fact id have to say this post made my day .

Anyway, welcome to the boards and thanks for the post.

Comment

originaly posted by {RoD}Section 1
          in fact 1 of my clansmen who has always been cool to me ran into some problems and needed a car. So I gave him a pretty cool Couger for him
          holy ****

thats a hell of a loan to a person you met on the internet (i presume)

You are a nice guy:up:
          welcome to the fourums :up:

Comment

Nice to see you on the forums

If a server is really bad leave. I usually laugh at those people, or feel sorry for them. For people to take a game so seriously is really sad. Never let the Aholes get you down

Comment

You have to remember, you're not only playing against a person, you're also playing against their ego.
              And as everyone should know, the bigger the ego, the more fragile it is.
              Also, the anonymity the internet provides can allow for some pretty oversized ego's to develop

Basically, the bigger the ego, the bigger the mouth and the smaller the maturity

Comment

Originally posted by Kel
                You have to remember, you're not only playing against a person, you're also playing against their ego.
                And as everyone should know, the bigger the ego, the more fragile it is.
                Also, the anonymity the internet provides can allow for some pretty oversized ego's to develop

Basically, the bigger the ego, the bigger the mouth and the smaller the maturity
                This is true.

I've also noticed, usually the loud, abusive, hostile players are the ones that suck and are trying to compensate for something they lack

Comment

<>quote<>={RoD}Section 1<>I am not a Sissy hippy type or anything<>end quote<>
                  what does that mean?

just a joke LOL welcome to the forums...

Comment

You're playing with teenagers, online, on a game. What do you expect?

"Hey man, how are you today?"

"Nice shot bro!"

You've just got to learn to live with it, or ignore it. No point getting your panties tied in a knot over it!

Comment

GO MAGWA

LOL!!!

Comment

I especially like the nice Christmas Girl on your desktop there Magwa.
                        Very season-like of you :up:

Comment

Originally posted by NotoriousBIC
                          I especially like the nice Christmas Girl on your desktop there Magwa.
                          Very season-like of you :up:
                          Noticed that did you well you know getting in the spirit and stuff .....

Comment

LOL

Comment

WoW you all Rock!

O.K. I am shocked by the amount of funny and Briliant resopnses from you all. Big forums like this are COOL!
                              There are a few things that i need to say/explain
                              #1 to myself: I regret mentioning giveing my clansmen a car, because I think I have cheapend one of the few cool things that I have done in my life. I was very desperate to make my point and thought it a very clear methode of doing so. But i do think it was effective so take it for its efficacy alone, and not as a self bloating
                              #2 to Virax: absolutley you are correct. I do suck at the punctuation and all. I realize that my unstructured wanderings are difficult to get through, and I appreciate you readindg it all regaurdless. Thanks for your patience
                              #3CSM: Thanks man, I believe your theory is very accurate. most of us Play to entertain our selves through comRoDery and competition. Some entertain themselves in a less formitable way. I think you are on to it
                              #4Wow Excell: Thats what its about for me. There is enough **** in the world, so make someone's day if you can. very cool. you just upgraded my day a bit........ok its not all about makeing someones day better. I like to ruin people day as well but I do it through playing well or with my turbo regal Silly imports horse power is for grownups
                              #5Magwa!: LOL awesome man! I actually look like you minus 1 earing a few less tatoos ( i have but one) {my wifes name} and your hair is about an inch or two longer and I have a very evil looking beard. LOL very good stuff man. I was just trying to say that I am not an overly sensative guy that feels my way through life:bored:
                              #6Cyclotron: No twisted undergarmets here. Just was currious on the logic behind being an a$$. You right though If you let somebody you don't even know affect you too much you got to get a new perspective. which is not exactly what you said but I think our thoughts on this are synonimis (sp?)
                              Thanks again all for your responses (even if I didn't reply to you by name) It is cool to have this discussion. especially while I am at work I am very Sorry to be so long winded and with the bad punctuation , and spelling and all. thanks for overlooking it and reading anyway.

Fraggingly,
                              Section 1

Comment

Working...
                              X