Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[OT] Goodbye, UT. Another game has my soul.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    [OT] Goodbye, UT. Another game has my soul.

    I think I may be done with UT for a long, long time. Another game has me, heart and soul. It's not HL2 - it's World of Warcraft. My need for mundane activities (sleeping, eating, class) has almost completely vanished, and I'm convinced that as I level up they will become completely irrelevant to me.

    Wow, that game is addictive. Thanks for a good run, Epic, I love this game and I'll be back for the next one, but Blizzard are gods among devs.

    Malthrin
    23 Undead Priest
    Server: Test 20

    #2
    Heh, wow has stolen allot of people, enjoy it

    Comment


      #3
      World of Warcraft!?! I'm in the open beta and I find it to be pretty boring and repetetive. All you do is fight the same enemy over and over, or spend hours gathering natural resources and crafting items. It's so boring, that I play it every day to remind myself of how boring it is! In fact, I'm going to go log on right now so I can watch more of the repetetive combat sequences....

      :cry:

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Zcubed
        World of Warcraft!?! I'm in the open beta and I find it to be pretty boring and repetetive. All you do is fight the same enemy over and over, or spend hours gathering natural resources and crafting items. It's so boring, that I play it every day to remind myself of how boring it is! In fact, I'm going to go log on right now so I can watch more of the repetetive combat sequences....

        :cry:
        Welcome to the majority of MMORPGs

        Guild Wars is excepted from this group. There are numerous ppl around here that will agree with that :up:

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Zcubed
          World of Warcraft!?! I'm in the open beta and I find it to be pretty boring and repetetive. All you do is fight the same enemy over and over, or spend hours gathering natural resources and crafting items. It's so boring, that I play it every day to remind myself of how boring it is! In fact, I'm going to go log on right now so I can watch more of the repetetive combat sequences....

          :cry:
          Yes.. it calls to you If you were serious, I'd say I was confused. Fight the same enemy? I just do quests - never repetitively killed the same area once. As for getting resources, if you go out and explore, they're there. Haven't farmed any of those either. The thing that's impressed me about WoW is how little downtime there is. I've never been at a point where I couldn't find something fun to do immediately.

          Comment


            #6
            I spent playing at least 2 years of Everquest. It was fun and highly addictive, but in the end I managed to walk away with nothing but my sanity. My L65 necro stayed behind in EQ1, and that's where it will remain.

            MMORPG's are HUGE time sink. I lost entire weekends and months of my life playing it. I know a couple that went through a divorce because of EQ. I swore I wouldn't fall into the same "pay for play" trap and have managed to resist EQ2 so far.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by The_Deacon
              Welcome to the majority of MMORPGs

              Guild Wars is excepted from this group. There are numerous ppl around here that will agree with that :up:
              guild was was awesome, for the 3 days it let me play it. i cant wait until it comes out

              Comment


                #8
                WoW has slowly been stealing me too.

                Comment


                  #9
                  RPG's are highly addictive.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Peregrin487
                    I spent playing at least 2 years of Everquest. It was fun and highly addictive, but in the end I managed to walk away with nothing but my sanity. My L65 necro stayed behind in EQ1, and that's where it will remain.

                    MMORPG's are HUGE time sink. I lost entire weekends and months of my life playing it. I know a couple that went through a divorce because of EQ. I swore I wouldn't fall into the same "pay for play" trap and have managed to resist EQ2 so far.
                    Eh. As long as I pass classes and work off and on, not like I've got anything better to do.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      The only MMORPG I've played a lot is DAOC which was quite fun thanks to the RvR part of the game... The thing I don't like about MMORPGs is that they are pretty much all about leveling, getting the "right" items and not about roleplaying... I've never understood the fun in mashing a bunch of opponents just to level up. I like when games are challenging and MMORPGs are imo the opposite of challenging, all you need to do is spend time playing it and your character will gain experience and you will get the decired items... where is the fun in that? Anyone can do it... Now if MMORPGs would have been like HC in Diablo (if you characters dies it's gone forever) then it would have been a different story ^^

                      I prefer singleplayer RPGs myself, games with a story and where I won't get bothered by people spamming "lol" in the chat which totally ruins the mood :/

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Pfff, the hardcore keep it real with 2k4


                        Seriously though, this might sound weird, but UT2004 feels like its the only game for me. I just don't seem to enjoy any other game anywhere near as much as UT2004.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by {MM}Juggalo_kyl
                          guild was was awesome, for the 3 days it let me play it. i cant wait until it comes out
                          +(1/0)

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Nosnos
                            The only MMORPG I've played a lot is DAOC which was quite fun thanks to the RvR part of the game... The thing I don't like about MMORPGs is that they are pretty much all about leveling, getting the "right" items and not about roleplaying... I've never understood the fun in mashing a bunch of opponents just to level up. I like when games are challenging and MMORPGs are imo the opposite of challenging, all you need to do is spend time playing it and your character will gain experience and you will get the decired items... where is the fun in that? Anyone can do it... Now if MMORPGs would have been like HC in Diablo (if you characters dies it's gone forever) then it would have been a different story ^^

                            I prefer singleplayer RPGs myself, games with a story and where I won't get bothered by people spamming "lol" in the chat which totally ruins the mood :/
                            Agreed on HC Diablo. I'm kind of hoping that they make an HC server. In WoW, once you die you can choose to release your spirit (to go respawn) or wait up to 6 mins before it automatically happens. It'd be really cool instead of releasing spirit, you died - don't get rezzed in those 6 minutes and you're perm. dead. I'd play it.

                            Also agreed with your initial viewpoint that just leveling up is boring. The thing that got me into WoW to start with was the premise of Horde vs Alliance pvp. It's been borne out beyond my wildest dreams.

                            About 3 days into the beta, a raid of 30 or 40 night elf pcs launched an assault on a Horde city, Crossroads, and were beaten back into their forests.. where they promptly drove us back to Crossroads.. it's been going on like that out there, minimum 20 or 30 people pvping around the clock for a week, with double that at peak times. Utterly spectacular. Insanely fun.

                            I just found a tunnel that leads into elven territory from one of our mines - can't wait to hit one of their raids from behind sometime >) The tunnel is in the northeast of Stonetalon, if anyone else wants to have fun with it..

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Wow has more flowers than UT.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X