Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unexplainable crush...

No, this ain't about love...

I see a manta, lonely, screaming for a driver. Willing as I am, I walk over and jump on top of it. AND IT F-ING CRUSHES ME!

How can I be crushed by a vehicle if I'm on top of it? It happens to me quite often that I'm crushed and I'm scratching my head as to how.

I get this alot too, mostly when trying to capture enemy goliaths where it happens about 3/4 of the time while standing on it.
    Freakin annoying, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing the collision be a little more forgiving. Seems that if the thing moves just one inch and touches you you're gonna get splattered.

Comment

Yeah, that's a bug I would like to see get fixed.

First off, you shouldn't take damage from your own team's vehicles. You don't take damage from your team's weapons, so why should vehicles be any different?

And at the very least, make the damage correspond to the speed of the vehicles' movement. As BabyNuke points out, you can be killed by a vehicle that's moving at .000001 MPH.

Comment

if no one from your team has been in a vehicle, and it gets pushed into it can crush you. another little glitch, I was on a server once where I guy was very good at teamkilling with this method.

Comment

In my opinion, there should be a better hit-and-run damage implementation than there is now. If you're going at your vehicle's max speed, it should be a one-hit no matter what, but being crushed by a barely moving vehicle sucks. Perhaps it would be okay for it to do 15 damage or something at a low speed.

Comment

Hmmm, I never got that. I don't play much Onslaught though.

Comment

BTW, it's "inexplicable".

Comment

it has happened to me only in mantas.....
                i will start up a node, finish it and go to the manta that has just spawned....
                next thing i know i am dead and like wtf!!!
                sometimes i will take off a varying amount of damage....anywhere from 1 to 90 or i die.
                weird

Comment

oh god, i thought you were going to ask for love advice for a minute there

Comment

Originally posted by coldplasma
                    oh god, i thought you were going to ask for love advice for a minute there
                    LMAO!!!

Comment

Hop on my Ford Truck and REALLY get crushed.

[TST]
                      :bulb:

Comment

Re: Unexplainable crush...

Originally posted by BabyNuke
                        No, this ain't about love...

I see a manta, lonely, screaming for a driver. Willing as I am, I walk over and jump on top of it. AND IT F-ING CRUSHES ME!

How can I be crushed by a vehicle if I'm on top of it? It happens to me quite often that I'm crushed and I'm scratching my head as to how.
                        I think this is because of the manta's blades being weapons, with FF on you can't get on it. Also the manta is the only vehicle that can get you crushed by getting on it. I think between the glitch of being able to ride it, some other stuff went funky with the manta.

Comment

thats alot of *** to haul! :weird:
                          that picture scares me in so many ways :cry:

Comment

"Got a crush on a pretty pistol. Should I tell her that I feel this way?"

Comment

Originally posted by [TST]Baxter
                              Hop on my Ford Truck and REALLY get crushed.

[TST]
                              :bulb:
                              I still think that’s my truck and yard on the 4th.

Comment

Working...
                              X