Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beating a dead horse.. Feature or Glitch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beating a dead horse.. Feature or Glitch?

I know this has been discussed. And I am the guy to beat this dead horse, sorry. I am very very curious what the general opinion is, "what most people think".
    Is riding on Manta wings a feature or a glitch?

like every glitch (ie rox to the head no damage, goo charge swap out) it's called a feature and then bragged about... shoddy work IMHO

Comment

not a glitch. not a (planned) feature (im guessing). i think it was just a little thing that came with the design of it, they didn't plan it that way, it just happened.

Comment

who really cares, it only adds to gameplay value. Either way, its better for the game. But i think its a feature.

Comment

I think that it started out as a bug, but people liked it and accepted it so they kept it as a "feature".

I like the idea personally, it adds a cool element to VCTF in flag runs and in ONS it is a great transporter. You can get four people in transport(1 driver and three passengers) at least, so a well piloted manta can take people and drop them off anywhere they want to go.

Comment

I think it's just... there. As part of the engine. It makes logical sense. A teammate jumps on a Manta... does he go through it? No, that would look weird. Does he die? No, he's a teammate. He just stands on it, it's the only logical solution. And it's a moving object, so he stays attached when you fly around, just like any other moving object (elevators or bridges anyone?).

That's how I see it anyway.

Comment

Wasn't originally intended as a feature, but became one. Kind of like Q2 movement was a bug that has become a standard in games such as Q3, PK, etc...

Comment

Feetchur

Comment

Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
                  Feetchur
                  gleech!

Comment

Originally posted by Virax
                    Wasn't originally intended as a feature, but became one. Kind of like Q2 movement was a bug that has become a standard in games such as Q3, PK, etc...
                    Exactly... A glitch that a lot of players have grown so used to exploiting they consider it feature now.

Comment

A feature that looks like a glitch due to the design of the manta.

you are supposed to be able to do it, it just doesnt make any sense cuz there is nothing to stand on, and it doesnt hamper the flight any..

err..
                      you also dont die if you jump on it with team damage on..

Comment

Originally posted by : DX :-THeGAME
                        ....cuz there is nothing to stand on....
                        yeah ther is... i believe theres a little guard over the blades on the manta. or at least i've always thought there was... never needed to check before.

Comment

even so, maybe there is some sort of invisible energy field? anything could explain it, just lets think of it as something in the game that is good enough.

Comment

tis magic!

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrog
                              tis magic!
                              No, tis UNREAL

Sorry for the pun, i had to.

Comment

Working...
                              X