Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green Day rule, my favourite band, along with Offspring. Been to see them a couple of times, they are absolutely awesome live - I would recommend them to anyone. Thread Starter - Nice one! Lucky git!

Comment

Dont know who they are, bah im old, but I did like that album title. Wonder what they were trying to say exactly...

Comment

Originally posted by Jezza101
        Dont know who they are, bah im old, but I did like that album title. Wonder what they were trying to say exactly...
        It's also a song title - look up the lyrics and you'll know what they want to say.

Back to HL2 again. Still haven't slept, this is just my 10 minute forum break. <4

Comment

Originally posted by DJMattB2421
          i HATE when bands get into politics. like they have ANY **** idea what they're talking about.
          Yeah I mean look at Rage Against The Machine... no wait that's a bad example as it totally destroys your point.

Comment

Originally posted by A-1
            People have no idea how naive they sound these days when they say **** like this. Im not even mad anymore.

You obviously have no clue what kind of talent there is out there. Artists like Jay-z, nas, common, talib kweli, mos def, man I could go on and on have unbelievable talent that mtv and the radio stations dont embrace like the 'booty' songs that youre talkin about.

I hope more people like you would open their ears and take a listen to some of what youre missing. You dont have to like it. But you'll respect it more.

Thanks for helping out commie. :up: :up:
            Good post, I agree. People calling Jay-Z untalented mainstream rapper clearly never listened to reasonable doubt or have no idea what they're talking about, just say things they heard somewhere. There's so much more in rap, breath control, lyricism, story telling( depends on the track) , being on the beat and so much more. There are rappers out there that make rap look bad (J-Kwon for example) but if you're open minded and listen to good albums you'll maybe understand that there's a shitload of talent involved in rap.

Comment

Originally posted by Odds
              Yeah I mean look at Rage Against The Machine... no wait that's a bad example as it totally destroys your point.
              :haha:

Comment

Originally posted by [FnG] magnolia
                That's not strictly true. There are only two types of music.

Country.

And Western.

Hehe, God I loved the film 'RepoMan'
                While the only thing I can remember about Repo Man was the convenience store where all the products were generically labeled (The beer was called "Beer", the chips were called "Chips"), I'm pretty sure you were quoting The Blues Brothers:

"What kind of music do you usually have here?"
                "Oh, we got both kinds. Country and western."

If they also said it in Repo Man, I apologize. But Blues Brothers said it first!

-commiecat

Comment

I like some of Green Days music, but not all of it, some of it is just annoying.

But to be honest I cant think of one single band where I like all the music they have produced, such is life I guess.

Comment

As enlightening as this all is...

Closed.

Comment

Working...
                    X