This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by usahoppy
    Bah, go plug in you Britney Spears CD or something. While i don't like Green Day myself, i have respect for anyone who writes and plays their own songs. No matter how much they sell out(like U2)
    why the **** would i be listening to britney spears? .... heh.... bs. theres more than britney spears and greenday in the music world... but rap doesn't count.

btw. wth is up with rap songs using classic older rock songs. i was channel surfing and went onto mtv2 and saw this rap video using the beat from crazy train..... i sursly almost commited suicide right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrog
      why the **** would i be listening to britney spears? .... heh.... bs. theres more than britney spears and greenday in the music world... but rap doesn't count.

btw. wth is up with rap songs using classic older rock songs. i was channel surfing and went onto mtv2 and saw this rap video using the beat from crazy train..... i sursly almost commited suicide right there.
      lol, just throwing it out there man. But judgeing fromt he reaction, someone is hiding a britney poster in their closet :P

But yeah, IMHO rap is the worst of all music genres.

Comment

My Musical Tastes > Everyone elses

Comment

But judgeing fromt he reaction, someone is hiding a britney poster in their closet :P
          .........no i don't! I Swear To Gawd I Do Not!........

edit: and any idiot can make a rap song. i got in trouble at school cause for some ungodly reason they were playing it over the intercom and i said that the back ground music reminded me of a ****** imitating a monkey......

[randomnerdcomment] rap "songs" "music" thats played behind the "guys" rapping reminds me of midi files....:bulb: [/whatisaidbefore]

Comment

.........no i don't! I Swear To Gawd I Do Not!........

:haha:

EDIT:

i got in trouble at school cause for some ungodly reason they were playing it over the intercom and i said that the back ground music reminded me of a ****** imitating a monkey......
            Best "i got in trouble at school" story in while. :haha:

Comment

quick one arent you

Comment

Ok. All of you can shut the **** up talkin about rap now

Dont be so ignorant

Comment

Originally posted by A-1
                  Ok. All of you can shut the **** up talkin about rap now

Dont be so ignorant
                  But it is okay for people to bash other types of music? I don't think ignorance is the dislike of a particular music genre. Rather, it is more along the lines of using words like "crunk" and the futher butchering of the english language. But, that is how i feel about it. If you like rap, more power to ya man.

Comment

But it is okay for people to bash other types of music? I don't think ignorance is the dislike of a particular music genre. Rather, it is more along the lines of using words like "crunk" and the futher butchering of the english language. But, that is how i feel about it. If you like rap, more power to ya man.
                    Its ignorant to bash any type of music style. Whether its rock, country, or hip hop.

Theres only two types of music. Good and bad. And its found in every style.

And dont even bring up slang talk because every music type has it.

Comment

green day sux

whats the one song with the same 4 chords over and over?
                      on my own here we go...
                      zzz

Comment

Originally posted by A-1
                        Its ignorant to bash any type of music style. Whether its rock, country, or hip hop.

Theres only two types of music. Good and bad. And its found in every style.

And dont even bring up slang talk because every music type has it.
                        True on those points. However, it is VERY clear to see that rap mangles english more then any other type of music. On top of that, rappers no longer rap. They talk. It is nothing like the old school days like in the 80s where people had to have some skill. Now, you can go #1 if you say anything having to do with bootys, blunts or 40s. Back in the 80s, before Rap went mainstream, people had to have real skill to make it. People like Jay-Z, 50 Cent, Ja-Rule, Chingy would have never made it big.

I really don't care for one genre more then other. I like all types of music. Seriously, this is bound to happen with any sort of music discussion. It is all cool, until your favorite music gets "attacked". then it is all serious. Everyone has their own thoughts, and mine is that rap is ****.

On a serious note, why is their so much stealing in rap music? All this sampling and other stuff. I know that it happens in other types of music, but it is less prolific. And if a country singer uses a chorus from another song, they would be ran out of town. While it rap, it is almost celebrated. Please, this is a serious question, why is it so accepted?

Comment

Just so you know, the word "crunk" was coined by Conan O'Brien and Andy Richter. Don't blame the hip-hop artists for that one.

-commiecat

Comment

i still wanna know why rappers think its ok to use classic rock songs in their "music". i know crazy train was one, another was by p. diddy and it was a led zeplin song or something.... i can't remember... and theres been many others.

Comment

The overall negativity and flaming opportunists of this community never cease to amaze me. Whatever happened to "I dont like" instead of "they're ****"?

Comment

i still wanna know why rappers think its ok to use classic rock songs in their "music". i know crazy train was one, another was by p. diddy and it was a led zeplin song or something.
                                Jimmy Page played guitar (live, not sampled) on that song IIRC. What more do you want?

-commiecat (only seems to post in music threads)

Comment

Working...
                                X