Patch 3339: Any improvement??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patch 3339: Any improvement??

Just wondering what types of improvement people have noticed since installing the new patch.....
    seems our clan server, since installing the 3339 patch, pings lower for everyone.....
    what else have people noticed,
    i still need to check things out fully but will report back and see what type of performance enhancements were made (will run benchmarks pre and post patch on exact same settings...will report back with detailed info....ie sys specs and benchmark results pre vs post). Will be using benchemall to look at ut2k4 performance on my system

EDIT:

well this is what i found.....
    at 1024X768: 164.38 fps botmatch (DM- Rankin 254.68 fps, AS-Convoy 73.26 fps, BR-Collosus 165.18 fps)....this was about the same for pre and post pacth
    I ran a seperate benchmark for ONS since the benchemall doesn't really come with what i want, it rang in at 64 fps for both pre and post patch on my system......
    so likely no effect really seen for individual users with regards to improved fps anyways.....

this was the setup:
    1 x INTEL PENTIUM 4 P4 3.0GHZ C 512K 800FSB S478 HT
    1 x ASUS P4C800-E DELUXE S478 875P DUAL DDR 5PCI SATA RAID 1000LAN 1394 SOUND
    2 x KINGSTON HYPERX PC3500 512MB CAS2 3-3-7 T1 DDR 433MHZ 184PIN
    1 x Sapphire Radeon x800 XT Platinum edition

aa=6x
    af=16x

charater and texture detail on high
    world detail on low (don't want various things obstructing my view in ONS especially)
    all checkboxes checked (except weather and foliage is off)

89 views and no one has any opinion on the new patch??....not installed yet i suppose

Comment

Well i had the beta patch installed,just the same as the offical patch realy:-)

Everything seems to run ok for me:-)seems slighty better when playing.but no big improvement in my fps.
      (for me anyway)

Comment

CPU usage is supposed to be improved serverside.

Comment

To be honest (and no, it's not a flame) the only thing it changed for me was a different number in the exe version...

Comment

I played it like 2 times after I downloaded the patch, then as soon as I click on the game in my desktop it has an error

Comment

Lower pings on our servers and they seem to be running better. Can't wait to get the linux server upgraded.

Comment

No real improvement speedwise for me, and I really wanted some streamlined code to help my 20fps ingame on DM.:cry:

Comment

Has anyone had problems connecting to servers with anti-tcc since installing the new patch?

Comment

havnt tried antitcc yet, but the bug in the "filters" tab still isnt fixed :'(

Comment

Originally posted by Abilio_KID
                      To be honest (and no, it's not a flame) the only thing it changed for me was a different number in the exe version...
                      Has it cured the "strange" ping problem ?

Just had to ask, because i was going to install again.

But if its not cured.. then i wont bother....

Comment

Nope:sour:

Comment

The two big thing for me were:

- Fixed footstep sounds in vehicles. Yay!! No more Flintstones effect.

- Tweaked the power core destruction sound. It now only comes from the center channel on my 5.1 setup, which makes it much more tolerable.

Comment

Dont forget about the new SPMA explosion.

Comment

I got a little lower ping on a server I frequent as well. Oddly enough, the server hadn't been patched, but my client had.

On another server, that had been patched, I'll have to check back. There've been some data center issues there, so I want to determine the ping changes on it after those are resolved.

Comment

Working...
                              X