radeon 9500 128mb or GF4 Ti 4600!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

radeon 9500 128mb or GF4 Ti 4600!?

sorry this is my last video card question, i promise!!!!

im gonna make a decision between these 2 so dont tell me to buy a different card becuz i wont listen

the 9500 is not "Pro" jus so u know

Re: radeon 9500 128mb or GF4 Ti 4600!?

Originally posted by graff69
    sorry this is my last video card question, i promise!!!!

im gonna make a decision between these 2 so dont tell me to buy a different card becuz i wont listen the 9500 is not "Pro" jus so u know

GF4 Ti 4600 is far superior

Comment

(%)) PROOOOOOO!1
      you can soft mod it to the 9700 pro specs(you get alot more out of your $$$)
      why would you want the NP?
      :weird:
      How much Cash you got to spend and Ill point you to the best value for the $$$

id buy a 9600 pro after the xt series comes out cause youll be able to get it cheap

Comment

GF 4 TI4600 :up:

Comment

Re: Re: radeon 9500 128mb or GF4 Ti 4600!?

Originally posted by Samuray
          maybe
          lets see the 9500 is 2 product cycles behind,the 4600 is like 4
          allthough yes it prolly is a better card id still sudjest staying away from both unless you can buy them for under $100
          you can soft mod the 9500 to 9700 and it will be better than the 4600

Comment

If it was a pro, I would say the 9500. But since youre looking at a non-pro, go with the GF4.

EDIT: A quick look at pricewatch shows the 9600 pro to be the same price as the 9500 non-pro, so even though you said not to mention any others, it seems like a no-brainer.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: radeon 9500 128mb or GF4 Ti 4600!?

Originally posted by If you see kay
              you can soft mod the 9500 to 9700 and it will be better than the 4600
              If you buy a 9500 now, the chances of being able to mod it aren't very impressive. I'd say go with the GF4 TI4600. I have it, and quite like it. The 9500 non-pro is slow too, while the GF4 TI series is know for it's speed.

Comment

i have plenty of money but i dont feel like spending ALOT on a video card i mean ffs its part of a computer kind of a waste of money id rather go buy an american flag and burn it and riot oops did i say that out loud

all i really want is something that will run well on 1024x768 on all high details

Comment

9600 pro or wait and get a 9600 xt.
                  if you buy the 4600,when dx9 games start appearing(very very soon)you will have to run in a crappy dx8 setting that the games not made for.
                  sure ittl run 2k3 and 2k4 ok,if thats all you really want to play,but doom III ,hl2, future titles after 2003,your gonna want a dx9 compatible card,or your going to be upgrading even sooner that expected.
                  the 9600 pro isnt really that much more than what your allready looking and its boss:up:
                  I doubt that either the 4600 or the 9500 would run 2k3 full detail at 60 fps,but the 9600 pro will
                  $150 for the 9600 pro,even less when the 9600 xt hits the shelves.

Comment

Originally posted by If you see kay
                    9600 pro or wait and get a 9600 xt.
                    if you buy the 4600,when dx9 games start appearing(very very soon)you will have to run in a crappy dx8 setting that the games not made for.
                    sure ittl run 2k3 and 2k4 ok,if thats all you really want to play,but doom III ,hl2, future titles after 2003,your gonna want a dx9 compatible card,or your going to be upgrading even sooner that expected.
                    the 9600 pro isnt really that much more than what your allready looking and its boss:up:
                    I doubt that either the 4600 or the 9500 would run 2k3 full detail at 60 fps,but the 9600 pro will
                    $150 for the 9600 pro,even less when the 9600 xt hits the shelves.
                    You don't really think that your puny 9600 will have a snowball chance in hell against real dx9 games like Stalker, no?

Comment

sure ittl play stalker fine
                      but I prolly wont buy it,it looks pretty dull.
                      I guarentee hl-2 will be much harder to run and more graphic intensive than stalker

Comment

Re: Re: radeon 9500 128mb or GF4 Ti 4600!?

Originally posted by Samuray
                        Is that because it's based upon Directx 8 and the 9500 is Direcx 9?

DX8 > DX9? :weird:

Or are you referring to image quality?:haha:

Comment

Working...
                        X