This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waaaayy OT: mIRC Scripting Question

I know, this isn't anywhere near UT2003, but I'm making an intelligent line winAMP display script.

In the config you have a line such as below:
    1,10 1,1510-[ Now on WinAMP5.0 ]- 1 SONG_NAME -[TIME_ELAPSED/LENGTH]PAUSE_STATUS-1,10 

So, you have that. Now, I have the script gather all the information and store it in temporary vars. It works fine just showing in a say.

But I want it to replace all the placeholders in the config with the actual information and THEN show it. Unfortunately, you can't replace with variables, or maybe there's a special way to do it. That's what I'm asking. Can you?
    Below his how I'm trying to do it:

var %CelAmp.BuiltString $replace(%CelAmp.ShowString,SONG_NAME,%cursong,TIM E_ELAPSED,%poss,LENGTH,%lens,PAUSE_STATUS,%CelAmp. PlayState,KBPS_SHOW,%kbps)

and I get this error: * Invalid format: $replace (line 142, celamp.mrc)

I hope to god ><

:haha:

Comment

That was meaningless AND gay, Xan.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by colamann
          http://members.shaw.ca/blitzpc/bunny.jpg
          If you don't know what's going on, do NOT take the opportunity to post a stupid picture. Instead, insert your head into a dunce cap and sit in the corner. Thanks.

Comment

lol

Comment

why not just use one of the many winamp irc scripts that are available ?

Comment

Originally posted by Morba
                why not just use one of the many winamp irc scripts that are available ?
                Why, because using premade scripts is for
                N00BS

Anyway, this question is way beyond the average Atari forummer I guess. I can't even think anything that comes CLOSE to a solution. Perhaps asking this in a mIRC specific forum would be a better option.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
                  Why, because using premade scripts is for
                  N00BS

Anyway, this question is way beyond the average Atari forummer I guess. I can't even think of a solution. Perhaps asking this in a mIRC specific forum would be a better option.

I am, just not much luck there.

And yeah, that's why, noobs. :up:
                  No, because sometimes you want something VERY specific, and you just have to do it yourself. :P

Comment

you have a winamp 5 download link or are you a tester?
                    i've been looking for it today

Comment

Got a link. One sec.

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...fid=1066336873

There you go.

Anyways, I fixed it. Turns out replace doesn't like spaces, so I used gettok to seperate it out without spaces, and print one by one. Works FINE now.

So, lock of topic.

Comment

Working...
                      X